The sound of the gun rang through my ears before I could feel the actual pain. My left arm stung and I was both relieved and pissed at the fact he had just grazed my arm.

He had let off three shots but I wasn't going to let him make anymore. The corner would mean that I would have to slow down my bike to take it but I was pissed off at what had just happened.

Pressing my bike even faster I headed straight for him.

"Kennedy, I hope you know what you're doing." Came River's voice through my helmet but he sounded amused. He knew what was going through my mind and approved off it.

The man in front of me started panicking obviously torn between firing again and moving. The second he realised I wasn't for slowing he dived out of the way in between two of the other containers.

More importantly, out of my path.

As we broke out into the open of the docks men were running about grabbing their weapons and what ever else they could find. I had no interest in them and I just forced my way in between them.

Soon enough the men River had sent would be here and they could deal with them.

Right now we needed to get that truck.

As me and River finally got out onto the main road we sped for about half a mile before River's voice rang through my helmet.

"Where the fuck is it?"

"It must have turned down a side road, one of those men must have gotten ahold of the driver to give them a heads up."

Frustration ran through my veins and my mind started to run wild. There was no way in hell I was letting these guys get ahead of me.

Suddenly it came to me.

There was a handful of roads that lead from here to the City from small back alley roads to the two main roads. The only thing was that they always lead to the same place. To get into the City you had to cross over one of the bridges that connects the City with the rest of the world. It was just a matter of which one.

The driver would want to get into the City as quickly as possible meaning he would be heading towards the nearest one. He was probably confident that he could lose us on one of these many roads anyway so he wouldn't be thinking ahead.

We didn't need to catch up to him, we just needed to get ahead of him.

"This way."

Not waiting for River's response I took off down the road once more. There was hardly any cars on the road at this time so I was able to weave in and out without a problem.

Cars honked and flashed their lights our way as we blazed past them at high speeds. Before we could even register the sound though we were long out of their sights.

Once the bridge was in sight I started to slow until we came to a complete stop. We stopped a few meters off the road so that we were hidden in the shadows.

River stopped beside me and pulled up his visor. Turning off my bike I swung my leg over it pulling out the gun earlier that River had given me. The other one was still tucked under my jacket.

"What are you doing?" He asked as I jumped on the back of his bike getting comfortable as I rested my left hand on his shoulder.

"That truck isn't going to stop for anything even more so when he sees us. We need to get onto that truck if we want to stop it."