06

She accepted his offer. When she did, Jungkook froze in his seat. 

" What?" 

" I said I'd like to be your partner." 

There were many preparations being made, and every Sunday, the two of them would meet up at a new place to discuss new foods. Chaeyoung handled the aesthetics of the cafe, while Jungkook handled the menu items. Chaeyoung had an eye for detail, so designing the things on the menu according to the theme wasn't difficult. 

Slowly, a few months passed by and the two had gotten many things done. The restaurant was almost complete and maybe a few months from now, they can finally see their dreams come to life. 

 Chaeyoung was unsure however. Her dream was to work alone. But after meeting Jungkook, helping him, and realizing her true ambitions, she understood that she just wanted someone to share the same level of passion as she did. 

She didn't want to lie to herself any further. 

She did want company. She wanted someone like him to have a place in her dreams. 

Sundays were her favorite day now. So serene and peaceful. The quiet chatter of the crowds while they walked by while animatedly discussing the menu and how they'd greet customers...

It was lovely. 

" What should we name the place?" Jungkook asked. It was late December when they started finalizing the details. 

" Sunday." Chaeyoung replied, " It's perfect because Sundays are my favorite." 

" I'm touched." Jungkook chuckled, " They're my favorite because I get to see you." 

They both laughed, trying to break the awkward, yet intimate moment. 

It was spring when opening day came. They were dating now. Things moved quickly. They both lived in the same apartment flat above their new cafe. Always spending Sundays together. Either running errands or just hanging out, those days were pleasant. 

Chaeyoung gripped the frame of her smiley-mask. 

" Are you ready?" Jungkook asked her. 

" Yeah." She smiled at him. " Thank you." 

Sunlight streamed in, creating this strange haze. Some romantic daydream. So unreal. 

" For what?" He looked confused for a moment, but his eyes showed a warmth that she was happy to have all to herself. 

" For being a part of my dream." 

They started putting on their masks. His a bunny's and her's the old smiley-mask. 

" Wait a moment." Jungkook lifted her mask, and planted a gentle, yet insistent peck on her cheek, pulling away and giving her smirk. 

Pulling down her mask quickly after, she hid her blushing. 

" Today's good luck charm." He told her, soon walking out of the room before her. 

To this day, Sundays are still Chaeyoung's favorite day. 

The End of No More Lies. 

A short story.