Chapter 23

Jungkook  bowed down to eat the orange Jin gave him. A sudden sour taste filled his mouth and he looked expressionless.

"Did you swallow it?" Jin saw that Jungkook didn't frown and hastily pulled a piece of candy out of his pocket, giving it to Jungkook. "I'm teasing you. This orange is so sour that I almost lost my teeth." 

Eating this green orange was like playing a good luck turntable. Some were moist and sweet while some were sour and made people cry. Jin didn't expect that Jungkook could swallow an orange with such a sour taste without changing his expression. He immediately felt admiration. "You are too powerful."

"This is good." Jungkook pulled out a yellowed orange and put it in Jin's hand.

"It's sweet at first glance" Jin peeled it and ate it. "This time it is really sweet. You taste it."

Seeing that Jungkook didn't want to eat the orange he handed over, Jin hugged his pillow and sat cross-legged on the sofa. "Kookie hyung, you are too sincere. What if I cheat you again?"

"It doesn't matter." Jungkook chose two yellow oranges and placed them in front of Jin.

"It's over. I feel guilty about bullying honest people." Jin's body fell on Jungkook. "Kookie hyung, you can't be so obedient with people in the future or you will suffer losses."

Jin's anti-fraud and anti-theft class started. After telling Jungkook several stories about friends cheating other friends, Jin drank two mouthfuls of water to moisturize his throat. "These are true. You must bear it in mind in the future, you know?"

"I know."

"That's right." Jin patted him on the shoulder with satisfaction. "You sit first. I will go to the kitchen to check the broth."

Once Jin went into the kitchen, Jungkook picked up the piece of candy Jin had placed on the table. He peeled the wrapper and put it in his mouth. The sugar was very sweet. In the evening, only two people were eating. Jin only cooked several dishes but Jungkook gave him face and filled his stomach with a whole bowl of rice.

After eating, Jungkook said goodbye and Jin sent him out. Jungkook stood in the night, the night wind blowing his clothes. He stopped and looked back at Jin sitting in the light. "When will you come back?"

"Before the Spring Festival." Jin smiled, his eyes curving. "Shall we spend the New Year together?"

There was infinite darkness in his deep eyes. Jungkook placed a hand in his jacket pocket and nodded slowly. "Okay." He turned and walked out the gate, stepping into the darkness that the streetlights couldn't reach.

"Wait!" Jin stopped him. He ran back inside and took out a cute waist cushion, handing it to Jungkook. "This is something the organizers sent me when I participated in an event. You sit in the office every day and will be more comfortable if you have this cushion."

Jungkook looked at the smiley doll embroidered on the waist cushion and reached for it. "Thank you."

"What is thanks between friends?" Jin waved his hand. "Go back and sleep early. Next month, we'll keep in contact by phone."

"Yes." Jungkook walked back with the pillow in one hand.

"Don't go where the light is dim and watch your steps." Jin called out from behind him to remind him.

Jungkook stopped. He looked at the street lights shining just two steps away from him and then back at Jin. Jin stood under the light of the gate and looked at him with concern. Jungkook paused for a moment before slowly moving into the light. The lights were a bit harsh and he didn't like it, but he could live with it.