Chapter 13 - Jack here.

Start from the beginning

She giggles, and whips her shiny hair over her shoulder with a sweet smile. As the next song begins to play she trails her hands down my chest slowly. "Jack, Jack. You think that you're the best out there, don't you?"

I smirk lightly and grab onto her hips, as we start to move against each other, to the song. "I'm just saying. I wouldn't have minded if you had planned it. We can be friends . . . With benefits."

Rolling her eyes with a coy smile, even though she's anything but coy, Melanie leans up to whisper into my ear, "Oh . . . No friends. Just benefits."

-

I wake up the next morning with a banging headache, and a sour taste in my mouth. Last night rushes back to me - well, snippets of it anyway. There was dancing with Melanie, making out with Melanie, going back to the bar with Melanie, drinking with Melanie, and lots of other things - some blurred - all with Melanie.

I'm in the middle of trying to remember what time I got home when the door opens and in walks my brother. I sit up and my vision is fuzzy, my head spinning and my stomach churning. I don't think Dan is looking happy, but right now I couldn't care less because any moment now I am going to hurl.

"Jack, it's almost twelve," he tells me with an irritated look on his face. He sits down on my desk chair and I squeeze my eyes shut, bending forward so my head can go between my knees. "I think I'm gonna be sick, mate-"

"You were pissed beyond comprehension last night when you got home," Dan tells me rather loudly. It makes my fucking head hurt like hell.

"I'm sure I was, because I'm hungover now," I growl at him angrily through clenched teeth.

Dan clicks his tongue and mutters lowly, "Please don't be like this in front of Stella and Jess."

"I know, I won't," I groan at him and then finally look up. He looks like a lost puppy or something, sitting there with his chin in his hand. I'm about to say sorry when I feel bile begin to rise in my throat and I have to rush out. I make it to the bathroom just in time.

When I'm done, I still feel dreadful. I go back to my room to see Dan sat on the desk chair in the same position, and I sigh before collapsing back onto my bed.

"Where are they now?" I grumble into the pillow, closing my eyes. The feeling is much more bliss than standing up.

"Stella's took Jess to town . . . Ella has gone with them too."

"Okay. Look, Dan, I'm sorry. A'ight? I got carried away with this girl." I sigh into the pillow, as my stomach continues to churn unpleasantly. Resting a hand on my head, I groan, "I really need painkillers."

Dan ignores my last sentence and asks, "What about Alyssa?"

I growl and sit up. "What about Alyssa? I'll never get her, she thinks I'm a fucking criminal! And her boyfriend ended up cheating on her and she's all upset and worked up and probably doomed to hate the entire male population for the rest of her life. There's no fucking point-"

"She's not gonna hate men for the rest of her life. That's stupid - all women get married or have a boyfriend at some point and those who don't wish they could."

I lift my head and look at him, feeling amused for the first time today.

"Besides, a body and face like hers was made to either please man or torture man. It can't be wasted!" He exclaims passionately, pumping his chest with his fist and doing the air grab and everything like a total nerd.

I press my hand over my face and grumble, "That girl doesn't deserve me."

I see Dan shake his head. "You're gonna have to stop using that as an excuse. Make her deserve you. You have to seize the day, seize any opportunity!"