08

The sound of the rain drops on the window became a lullaby to Seonghwa that pulled him into sleep each time he accidentally wakes up. Even when he's supposed to be awake already, he ends up sleeping in until lunch. This was included in the times he wanted to do just that especially with the warmth he felt in between his arms.

He slowly opened his eyes, gently glancing down only to see blue hair. It seemed like Hongjoong has his face nuzzled on Seonghwa's chest as soft snores escaped his parted mouth.

Seonghwa found it adorable. He wondered if this man even had a duality. He just looked too soft to be a pirate. Has he even killed? If anything, Seonghwa looked more like the one capable of killing between the two but in reality, he's having troubles planning a murder of an ant.

His arms that were wrapped securely around the pirate's waist tightened its grip, pulling the other closer to him, leaving no space at all.

A low groan then came from the younger as he felt him shuffle within his hold, "Did I wake you up? I'm so sorry!" the older asked as he immediately loosened his hold to which Hongjoong reacted fast, snuggling further onto the older (if that was even possible) as he nuzzled his face on his neck. It felt heaven to him and when Seonghwa loosened his grip, he got annoyed.

The other chuckled as he once more, tightened his grip, pulling his waist closer to him as their legs entangled comfortably with each other.

They stayed there for a few minutes, Seonghwa occasionally planting kisses on the top of the other's blue head and Hongjoong just listening to the older's steady heartbeat. It calmed him down as it simultaneously put him to sleep each time he wakes up accidentally. It's just them enjoying each other's warmth (which they both missed even if they were just separated for a week) until they fell back into a deep slumber once again.

For once, Hongjoong felt at ease and away from all the troubles and threats in the ocean. He felt safe in the arms of his beloved.

xxx

"Come on, Seonghwa! Seriously? You haven't tried playing in the rain even once?" Wooyoung asked as he tugged on the older's sweater.

"I have, I really have! But my mom caught me and told me to never do that again." Seonghwa replied.

"But why? It's really fun." Hongjoong then said who just came out of nowhere. How did he even got there? None of them knew.

"I don't know. She said something that I might get sick, something like that. But I never believed her cause I didn't get sick that time. How fun is it?"

"Really fun! We always play around aboard the ship. Captain oftenly scolds us though when someone slips or gets hurt." Yunho then said as he took a bite on the banana he suddenly had. Why is everyone or everything coming out of thin air?

The last sentence made the said captain scoff as he sat down on a bean bag,"That's because I already warned ye li'l scallywags to not run on board when it's raining. Please remind me why I even accepted being your captain." he said, sighing afterwards which made everyone laugh.

"Ye just can't resist our charms that is why you agreed." Mingi said with a chuckle.

Hongjoong fake grimaced as he glared playfully at their gunner,"Do ye wanna pay a visit to Davy Jones' locker you swashbuckler?" he asked while playfully pointing a finger at Mingi who joined the act and placed a hand on his chest as his face showed fake hurt as the crew laughed.

Meanwhile, Seonghwa understood none of the words Hongjoong just let out. He then leaned closer to the younger who happened to be sitting just beside him as he whispered, "What does that mean?"

Hongjoong's laughter died down as he face Seonghwa with a look as if he just realized something which he did, "Oh I forgot you don't know pirate slangs I'm so sorry! When I said 'pay a visit to Davy Jones' locker,' it's a place at the bottom of the sea where dead or drowned pirates go, but it's just a myth, no one has ever proved it to be real. Swashbuckler, a daredevil."

For the rest of the rainy afternoon, they just played around, teaching Seonghwa some pirate slangs in the dialect and some traditions pirates do such as punishments or their beliefs, occasionally throw each other some insults as well.