“Kill him. The other can go. You're beaten. Do it, Derek. Take the first step.” Deucalion taunts.

“Are we serious kid? Look at him. He's an Alpha? To what? A couple of useless teenagers?” Kali comments while she has her foot on my sister's neck.

“Some have more promise than others.” Deucalion replies while looking towards Scott.

“Let him rise to the occasion then. What'll it be, Derek? Pack or family?” Kali taunts as if on cue. Ennis tightens his grip on my neck and I making a choking sound and Kali pushes down harder on Cora's both of us choking.

Suddenly an arrow goes whizzing by Derek's head hitting the twins. Then another goes by and Kali moves from Cora, Ennis does the same.

“Your eyes.... Cover your eyes!” Deucalion calls.

I look up and see Allison is the shooter. She smiles at me. I nod at her in respect.

Derek, Cora and I help Boyd up and drag him away. While Ennis and Scott fight.

Scott gets hit so hard by Ennis his eyes change from a golden yellow to a searing red. He then shakes his head and they go back to yellow.

Derek runs and shoves Ennis and then he punches him he grabs Derek and throws him in the air. I run at Ennis slashing him across the back.

He spins around and slashes toward me. I duck and Derek slashes toward him.

They punching one another and they move closer to the edge I get up I drop to my knees but stay on my knees and half crawl half jump.

Scott is already there on his knees and he slashes Ennis' calf. After Ennis head butts Derek. He falls toward the edge and he takes Derek with him.

I reach for Derek's hand and I have it for a split second and then it slips. “NO!” I scream. I looked back at Deucalion with the dark eyes I had gotten from my mother

He and Ennis fall and I hear a loud crash, I listen for his heartbeat and there is none.

Scott grabs me by my jacket and pulls me away from the edge.

My brother who raised me for 6 years and I hated for the last four months was dead and I never even said I was sorry to him.

+

I came home after that fight Derek was dead. I sat in my room pacing. My hands shaking.

I could have saved him, I had his hand I could have pulled him up. I could have caught him.

I get up and I grab my wooden chair sitting in my room and threw it into the wall and it smashed and fell apart I then sat down in a ball and screamed which turned into a roar.

I went to Stiles' since he called me six times. I came in through the window.

“Hey I heard what happened-” He starts but I cut him off. I wrap my arms around his neck and sob into his shoulder. He wraps his arms around me.

“I'm so sorry A.”

“It's my fault it's all my fault.” I sob.

He holds onto me, we sit on his bed and I sob into his chest, usually I don't let myself cry in front of anyone but Stiles is the exception. He knows all my mistakes and most of my past and he still cares about me. That was something I was lucky to have when my whole world just cam crashing down.

+

I woke up the next morning determined to do one thing and one thing only. Find Derek's body. I walked down the stairs Cora was already up.