Although he had seen her countless times on her social media, seeing her on his screen just walking while the sun angelically brightened her features caused him a mental block.

When Yeonhee glanced down at her phone screen again, her eyes immediately landed on Mark sat there in a simple grey hoodie in what looked like his bedroom from the familiar background.

Oh fuck don't freak out
It's Mark Lee
You're legit video calling him right now
Stop staring

Swallowing the dryness in her throat, a smile spread on her pink hued lips.
"Hi."

Yeonhee's heart was erratic, beating so hard and rapid that she felt as though she would fall into cardiac arrest- she hoped he couldn't see there was a slight pink blush forming.

"Hey." He greeted back and a silence fell over them.

"Um, I really didn't mean to uh like call you I'm sorry."

Yeonhee couldn't help but smile at his obvious awkwardness, beginning to walk through the neighbourhood as she glanced around for any cars.

"It's okay don't worry. Is everything alright?" She questioned in case he was still dealing with the Sasaeng situation, concern filtering through her tone.

"Yeah, yeah everything is good. Are you...um going somewhere?" He asked, not really recognising the snippets of the area behind her.

"Nah, I just finished work- going home." She replied, looking over to see him rubbing the back of his neck before pulling his hood up.

"Oh cool, uh how was work?"
"Truly boring, oh my God this one Woman came in right and she was like oh yeah, one burger please. Like...miss this is a café."

The easygoing tone of hers created a comfortable atmosphere, one in which he felt less awkward (he clearly still was) and realised her mannerisms on text really didn't differ from her actual personality.

"That's...a bit weird, why did she even think a café like yours sold burgers." He laughed to which Yeonhee shrugged.
"Honestly some people just continue to surprise me. What are you doing?" She asked looking at him briefly but having to look away as the palpitations grew faster.

She pretended as if she was just watching where she was going but inside she was dying.

"Oh...nothing really. Just was hanging out with the members- they're playing video games."
"I bet I could beat them." She boasted jokingly to which he laughed, nodding unconvinced by her statement.

"Are you gonna tell me you're a pro gamer now?"
"Of course." She nodded before laughing which was also accompanied by the laughter from him which she had grown accustomed to through years of watching him as an idol.

Yeonhee reached the front door of her apartment complex, punching in the code for the door to open.
"It's actually so cold today." She commented pushing the phone closer to her chest to block the view of him, closing the door behind her as she smiled to the student walking past her.

He hummed in agreement, not long later he could see her again to which he realised she was in an elevator.

She leant her head back on the wall of the elevator as she felt it begin to move her up.
"You know I was thinking imagine if the elevator broke I'd die walking up the steps."

"Really- what floor do you live on?"
"Tenth but this apartment complex is nice though, each apartment thingy has two floors so we actually have an upstairs and downstairs. We got lucky on that one."

"Really? That's actually cool. I thought you said you were broke um like-"
"Oh, my parents found me this apartment they gave the deposit and I'm just paying the rest as I live in it." She explained as the elevator doors opened and she began walking out.

There were 2 apartments per floor, Yeonhee steering to the right as the sound of her keys clanged together before they twisted in the lock.

"Do you work everyday?" He asked interested by her life, he often wondered what he would be doing if he wasn't an idol.
Would he be living a life like hers too?

"Nah, weekends and two days in the week. My shifts aren't that long but still."
"And you have Uni too damn, must be hard."

Yeonhee placed her bag on the side as she stepped out of her shoes, seeing Hyunjae's own shoes gone.
"I mean, I manage but says you literal member of NCT."

Yeonhee set her phone down on the small isle of the kitchen, he could see the living room area behind her as she disappeared from frame but popped up again with the familiar looking puppy in her hands.

"Look who it is."
"Yo, Milo. He's so cute, he's smaller than I thought."

Yeonhee nodded, holding the puppy in her arms as she watched Mark lean forward with sparkling eyes as he smiled at the sight.

"I only got him a few months ago. Hyunjae and I wanted a pet for ages and this apartment allows pets so we decided to get him."

"Ah, your roommate, Is she home?"
"Nope, she said she was going shopping." Yeonhee commented, letting Milo down as she picked the phone up again.

"I can't lie, this apartment is so boring and plain."
"So is our dorm mostly." Mark replied as he glanced at the clock on his wall.

"Man I'm so hungry." He heard Yeonhee say before he spoke up.
"I actually need to um go live now, I promised the fans I would."

"Really? You better go then Markus." She spoke, looking at him as he repeated the name amused before lightly smacking his hand against his knee.

"I should. Uh well it was nice actually talking to you."
Yeonhee pressed her lips together to stop herself from laughing at how awkward he was over their first video call encounter.

She hummed in agreement.
"You too of course of course - don't worry I'll join your live how could I miss it." She joked which gained a chuckle.

"Alright, see you."
"Okay bye." She drawled out with a smile as the video call ended and the girl stood in her kitchen staring at the phone.

She slapped a hand over her mouth, rooted in shock.

"Holy fuck. Am I dreaming? Milo, is this a dream?" She turned to the puppy who only tilted his head at her.

"There's no way I just video called Mark."

BRO THEY VIDEOCALLED OMG