𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫

En başından başla

     A frown tugged at my lips, pulling them downwards. "What do you mean?" If he was referring to the resistance of his advances he was correct. It was as if a rope was wrapped around my waist and every time I pulled away it pulled me back. The rope burn on my skin was starting to drive me insane. Pretending that the sexual tension between us was one sided was getting old.

     "Isn't it exhausting always looking so magnificent?" My frown was quick to change, another sip of wine flowed into my mouth. "I mean it, Elvira. The more I read about you the more amazed I become. You've identified thousands of remains, helped solved hundreds of cases. You're a prodigy who doesn't flash her intelligence into others face." It was stupid to feel special from his words, it was doubtful that most of it was what he actually felt. It was far too nice to come from the hell that was his mind. "Not to mention how absolutely beautiful you are. It must be exhausting, being so talented and gorgeous.

     While the words were flattering, they were also rather worrying. "What do you want Marco?" My career was no hidden secret from him, the job that I had longed for since high school was abruptly taken away from me the moment I met him. So why bring up old wounds. "You aren't just overly sappy without underlying motives." With one hand I held the fork and took a bite out of it, with the other I washed it down with wine. He had limited me to two glasses of wine, because apparently my alcohol addiction was one he wouldn't fuel.

     The honey laced chuckle I loved so much slipped past his lips like a leak in a dam. "You always assume something is up, don't you? There is never any fooling you, Micetta." He shuffled in his seat, eyes looking downward. Once again it was odd for him to appear so submissive towards me. It had almost always been the other way around. "Very well then, I suppose it is now or never isn't it? Elvira, you've known of my feelings for you for years now. I have gone through extensive lengths to keep you at my side." My eyes wandered around the restaurant nervously, avoiding eye contact with him. 

     I had never been one to enjoy confronting my feelings, though confrontation itself didn't bother me. It excited me usually, the thought of picking a fight. Perhaps that was why I felt so excited being with him. "I've put up with your fits, and many escape attempts. I have received therapy and even take medications now to better myself for you. I have even given up my dream of having my own children just to be with you." Slowly he rose to his feet, taking a sip of his wine for courage.

    "What is this about Marco?" my eyes followed him as he walked around the table, my body twisting to follow him. "What are you doing?" Anxiety began to bubble, as my conscious knew what was approaching.

    He moved down onto one knee, pulling out a little red box. "I know I am not perfect, and I've caused you more troubles than I am worth. But I promise you Elvira, being with me means lavish life for you and your family. It means being spoiled in riches unknown, trips around the world to places you never dreamed of going. I'll even get you a job similar to your old one, though I can't allow you to go into the field." All the talking brought confusion to my mind, my thoughts were constantly spinning as though I had just gotten off of a rollar coaster. "Elvira Valentina, Vuoi Sposarmi?" My heart was pounding so loud that I could hear it even through all the loud chatter. All eyes were one us, mine were locked on the ring in the box he had opened. 
( Will you marry me?)

     It was a simple design, he must have realized just how much I hated over the top things. In the center was a green emerald, one that was very similar to the color of my dress. Next to it were two diamonds smaller than the emerald but similar in size. The rest of the metal was gold, most likely pure gold knowing the riches Marco had. "Marco I.." My eyes wondered back up to his, the hopeful glare that shined within them, the excited smile he carried. "I'm sorry, but my answer is still no. I am not ready to marry you, I want to wait just a bit longer." In the end there wasn't really a choice, surely he knew that. In the end he would be my husband, regardless of what I wanted.