Chapter Forty Two

Start from the beginning

"drinking alone Klaus, mind if I join?" Maddie calls out, the hybrid turns around meeting her gaze and his eyes widen. She smiles widely and runs over to him throwing her arms around his neck, he stands and holds her tightly against his chest in shock. His grip tightens and he closes his eyes enjoying the feeling. After a few moments she pulls away taking him in, he looked good. Tired, but good. 

"I like your hair, you let it grow out suits you" she compliments as she sits down beside him 

"haven't had much time to cut it"

"yeah you've been quite busy I've heard" 

"Indeed but I've come here to get away from all of that"

"me too" she smiles 

"Its good to see you" he smiles in relief 

"sorry its been so long" 

"we've both been dealing with quite a lot... bartender I'd like your finest bourbon" he calls 

"life is crazy" 

"why have you come here?" he asks curiously as the drink is placed down in front of her

"I'm sure you heard about Cade's death" she answers, the hybrid nods and she continues

"well turns out the new leader of hell is Katherine fucking Pierce, Stefan and I made a plan just in case things get worse and I needed to get away and live my life while I still can"

"what does that mean?"

"Stefan and I were planning on sacrificing ourselves"

"there has to be another way!" 

"I hope so" she replies 

"I'll take it the man getting out of your car has no idea" he states causing her to look up at him in confusion, however the door to the bar opens, and in walks Kai himself with a panicked look on his face. His eyes search through the people in the bar before landing on her and he sighs walking over. 

"you scared me" he admits 

"sorry I didn't want to wake you... Kai this is Klaus Mikaelson one of my dearest friends" she says gesturing in between the two, Klaus stands to his feet and shakes her loves hand firmly and pats his back. 

"I've heard a lot about you my friend" 

"all good things I hope" Kai smiles nervously 

"you wouldn't be standing here if it wasn't, no need to fret mate. Maddie cares about you that makes you family"

Maddie watches as Klaus and Kai get to know each other and she was surprised that he was able to even make the hybrid chuckle a few times. The sight made her heart swell and she was so incredibly happy that she was sharing this moment with two of her favorite people. As time goes on Klaus tells Kai about the time he taught her how to drive causing the Gemini witch to laugh loudly at the thought. Maddie laughs along with them feeling at peace, though she was saddened by the fact that this could be the last time she ever saw Klaus Mikaelson again. If she was going to die with Stefan then this would be it, her heart breaks at the thought of never seeing her friend but she knew that in the end, it would be for the best. After many hours pass and night had fallen Klaus walks Maddie and Kai out to their car and the girl looks up at him sadly. 

"so this is goodbye?" he asks staring down at her

"I think so"

"I'll miss you Maddie" Klaus admits 

"me too" she says as tears fill her eyes, she fights to push them back but Klaus pulls her into his chest as allows a few to fall. After everything they'd been through this was the final chapter of their story. The most epic friendship she'd ever had in her existence. As they pull apart Maddie holds onto his arm and smiles wiping her face.

"take care of yourself" she states, the man nods and moves over to Kai shaking his hand once more 

"you take care of her Kai"

"I will" he promises before opening the car door for his girl to get in and runs across to the drivers side. He starts the car and rolls down the window so she could say her final goodbyes. Maddie reaches her hand through the window and grabs his own holding it tightly. 

"goodbye love"

"goodbye Klaus I love you" she nods

"I love you too" he says before backing away as she drops his hand leaving it cold once more, he watches as they drive away and finally allows a tear to fall down his face. Though Maddie would be leaving he would never forget her. 

a/n 

hello guys I thought I'd add a new chapter about Klaus and Maddie's relationship because I love him. if you want more Klaus and Maddie make sure to check out my prequel to this book called 'Salvatore Sister' on my page :))