Ch. 1 - Ana's life

The school bell rang making all the students get up, bags already packed minutes in advance, and running out the hall before the teacher had a chance to stop them. The teenagers' voices filled the hall, all talking at the same time creating a distorted mess of short sentences as they all went right to the first door.
"Finally we got out... such a drag."
"Yeah right..."
"Wanna hang out... Chloe are you coming?"
Lots of laughter and speech in loud volume to get through the noise. A single student stayed behind in the empty mess of a classroom the others had left it in. She had packed her stuff in her bag while the commotion in the hall was taking place. She waved the teacher goodbye, exchanging a small smile with each other, and headed left, away from the crowd going in fast steps to hear as little as possible from her classmates.
"Is she gonna work again?"
"She seems sad,"
"... That's just Ana,"

It seemed like Ana always was destined to be alone, being the loner and the weird kid to pick on by any who got bored. That's the way she saw herself anyway. At this point she had completely isolated herself from anyone and became the wallflower at the school and her class. Not that she cared anymore. It all became routine, in and out, a mute, a robot possessing her body and living through the class hours.
One of the few places Ana liked at this place was the school's library. She had got a job as a library assistant last year where most of the time went by placing checked books back to their original spot. It was pretty monotonous, but that gave her a safe space to disconnect for an hour, plus it paid well.
Today was an easy day, only a handful of books which had been checked out and in under 10 min was her work done. Her parents were both at work in the evening so her sectule was wide open. The weather was screaming at her to get out and enjoy the gentle sun, and it would be a shame to not do as such, so she scraped her stuff in a emprace and paced outside.

As Ana stepped out the front door an immediate blow of wind hit her body giving her instant cooling. Her steps started heading for the forest, it didn't classify as a proper one but that was what everyone called it. It was the perfect place to be, it wasn't quite summer yet so no mosquitos, and the trees would naturally cover the ground from the sun.
As Ana started seeing the edge of the forest, she couldn't hold her excitement anymore and sprinted towards it marking a tree as her finish line. Crossing it, getting her excitement out of the way, she could now focus on the real reason she was here.

Walking a few minutes deeper inside Ana found the specific tree she was looking for, a birch with a carving of a small smiley. She didn't make that herself but found it funny enough for it to be a landmark and by extension her favorite tree in the forest. Under was a small hole dug most likely by a rabbit years ago was her little friend she had hidden.
"Hey buddy," Ana said while knocking on the bark like a door. It let out a whimper as she packed out the basket it was hiding in. Inside a cub fox she found alone and fatally injured late on a night walk. "How is your leg doing today?" she asked, examining it as quickly as possible as to not make the cub uncomfortable. The cut it got from some animal attack was healing good. She just had to change its bandages and the pup was done. "Okay budy see you tomorrow, gonna look over the other guys now."

After spending a few hours with the other animals Ana was nusuring, she decided to go out to the big grass field since it would most likely be empty and therefore quiet, the perfect place to relax for the rest of the day. She only had about an hour left before it was time to go home. Ana was happy about it too, since she was beat from a long day.