~05~

(Word Count: 1316)

꧁꧂

"They were talking together on campus one day and I asked him, "who's she?" and he told me "don't worry, she's a childhood friend." Childhood friend my ass," Aaliyah chugged the rest of the liquid in the cup and began to pour herself another shot.

You grabbed the bottle of liquor from her hand and placed it on the side of the table furthest from her, "I think you've had enough to drink for now. We can go home if you're not feeling good about the breakup."

Your friend shook her head in response and tried to grab the bottle from your hand. Her actions were sloppy and she ended up missing the table altogether, "I'm drinking for the both of us since you haven't had a single shot tonight."

"If I drink, who's gonna look after your tipsy ass?"

"I'm not a child y/n I can hold my liquor," she tried one more time to grab the bottle from your side of the table.

"I'm not too sure about that Aaliyah, you look pretty messed up," Danielle said from the other side of you. "We should probably head back for tonight."

"Bro it's still so early AND Y/n hasn't had anything to drink yet!" she tried to protest.

Parties weren't your favourite things in the world. You would rather not be surrounded by drunk people and the smell of sweat.

When you were home, you didn't have to worry about the possibility of a couple hooking up in the bathroom every time you had to pee. But you often attended them for your friends, you would keep them company and take the role of the "sober friend" at parties. You would only drink at sleepovers or small get-togethers with your friends, and even then you would rarely ever get shitfaced.

You took the bottle of alcohol off of the counter and poured yourself a shot, "If I drink this we're going home, deal?" Aaliyah nodded her head in agreement and your put the small glass to your lips. The liquid slid down your throat, leaving a burning sensation behind, you shook your head lightly before getting up off the stool. "C'mon let's go."

Just as you were taking up your jacket, you felt a tap on your shoulder, you turned around to see Suna towering over you.

𒊹     𒊹     𒊹

Suna sat on the couch with a few of his friends. They were talking about random things until the topic of relationships came up, Atsumu had recently broken up with his girlfriend and Samu was making fun of him because he had seen it coming. Kita and Aran were having their own conversation in the meantime and Suna's eyes were just wandering around the party. His eyes stopped roaming when he saw you, Aaliyah and Danielle taking shots and his eyebrows raised when he saw the way your back arched as you threw the alcohol down the back of your throat.

"It seems like Suna has his eyes on someone already," Osamu teased once he had wrapped up his argument with his twin. The boy didn't reply, instead, he left the couch to approach you in the kitchen.

Samu wasn't wrong, he had his eyes on you since the first time he saw you. In a class where every girl was gawking over him, you seemed unbothered. Even when he was seated right next to you, your attention didn't deter from the work in front of you. If Suna was being honest, you interested him. Not just your attitude, but your looks too. The way your skin glowed in the sunlight, the faint scent of cocoa butter mixed with whichever perfume you decided to wear that day as you walked past. It intoxicated him.

He was relieved to find that you were on the other end of the mistyped number and was glad he hadn't blocked or deleted it. Even now, as he was approaching you, he was slightly nervous but did a good job at masking it. Your back was facing him so he tapped on your shoulder to get your attention.