Chapter 12: Knife to meet you

Jeff had the dream where he and Aida first met. Where he was running from someone and he accidentally bumped into Aida when he turned the corner. Aida was shocked at the view and his appearance. But then she also heard the sound of an angry mob and decided to help the kid.

Aida told the kid to run and hide in the bushes and to cover his eyes while hiding so that the leaves won't disturb his eyeball as much. At first, he denied her help, "Why the fuck should I trust you, lady?!-" he whispered and yelled. Until he heard the sound of an angry mob getting closer, "Hide!" Aida whispered and yelled at the kid, slightly panicking on his behalf.

Jeff nodded and did what he was told. But instead of inside the bushes, he decided to hide behind it so he can run if he have to. He sits very still, he wanted to get rid of the people that had been chasing after him. He won't admit it, but it's quite exhausting getting chased a lot. The people asked Aida where Jeff was, "Have you seen a horrific-looking monster run by, by any chance Miss?" One of the men asked and Aida pointed out a direction where Jeff "had gone", "They went that way, Sir. Please do catch them, I am terrified to know that whatever monster you're mentioning is freely running out and about. I'm scared for my safety and for others as well, Sir." They spoke up again, "No need to fret Miss, we've got the whole situation under control. We'll catch the monster. One way or another." Aida nodded in relief. They then go in the direction Aida mentioned before. They are now farther away from both Aida and Jeff. Aida lets out a breath that she didn't know she'd been holding in.

Aida looked towards the bush, "You can come out now, kid." Jeff got out of the bushes and looked at Aida, curiously, slightly taken aback by what she said to the man before. "Why did you help me? I could've killed you once we're alone again, you know." Aida nodded and smiled at him. "I know, but, you're just a child who seemed to need my help at the time and I decided to just...help you." Jeff looked at her and decided to introduce himself "The names Jeff, Jeffrey Woods to be exact. But I'd fucking prefer it if you call me Jeff." Aida nodded "Aida. The name is Aida. Nice meeting you Jeff." Jeff rolled his eyes "Yeah, yeah, whatever. Do you have a place for me to stay?" Aida looked at him and seemed to be lost in her thoughts until she wasn't "As a matter of fact I do. Come with me." Aida lead Jeff to a building that was written 'CP Kinder'. "CP Kinder???" Jeff questioned while Aida nodded, "Yup, I ran a daycare and I also live here."

Aida walked closer to the front door, opened it with her key, and gets inside after succeeding to open the door. Jeff got in after and looked around thinking that the place isn't as half as bad as the abandoned buildings that he have been staying in, in the past. "This place isn't so bad," Jeff spoke up, still looking around the daycare. He then checked underneath the table and looked up towards Aida who switched the lights on, "You sure you're going to let this terrifying monster inside your home?" He said mockingly to what Aida called him earlier towards the angry mob. Aida looked slightly confused but a slight shock replaced that confusion, "Oh shit- I'm sorry, I was acting. I didn't mean to call you a monster. You're just a kid, please forgive me." She said with an apologetic bow. Jeff rolled his eyes, "Whatever. At least you did me some favor, I'll spare you, for now." Aida sighed in relief. "Thanks, kid."

Jeff asked whether she have a spare room, and she nodded, "Lucky for you, I do have a spare room upstairs. Come on, I'll show it to you." Aida brought Jeff to the said room. The room is fully furnished with a single bed, bedside table, and a bookshelf with not many books in it. "I could put my knife there." Jeff thought to himself smiling more. "Thanks." Aida nodded and bid him goodnight. "If you need anything, just call for me, I'll be there to help you." Jeff nodded, "Sure, whatever, thank you."

Jeff woke up from the dream and sits up on his bed, "That dream was fucking weak." He softly mumbles and laid back down.

♤♧♤♧

A/N:
This is a way to give you a flashback on how both Aida and Jeff met, how he ended up living at the daycare etc. Hope you enjoyed it. Yes, the artwork is mine, I haven't drawn any background in awhile. I tried 😂👍🏼.

I know that some characteristics of the characters are out of place, but I'm trying to make it a little bit realistic-ish. I've decided to unpublish some old writing in this book. Well, that is all, have a great day or night. ♡