Training and reminiscing

For months, Izuku and Mina trained themselves. At first, they took a break to improve their bodies. They both pitched in with their allowances and bought a weight set for them to use. That was how they started. Months turn to years and on the last year of high school, they found a trash-filled beach. They started working out there instead, moving trash out to the side of the road for the cleaners to pick up later.

They worked on their quirks as well. By the time they found Dagobah Beach, Mina was able to shoot acid from more parts of her body together. Izuku was able to fly and improved the strength of his scales with the help of Mina's acid. He did find out he was able to breathe fire, but he would run out of steam fast.

_________________________________________

It was halfway through twelfth grade. Izuku collapsed onto the sand after a hard day of cleaning up the beach. Mina flopped beside Izuku with a loud huff.

"Nice work, partner," Mina said, smiling up at the sky.

Over the years that they trained for a hero school, Mina reached a height of five foot five while Izuku was basically towering over her at five foot eight.

"Yeah.....you too" he said in-between pants.

"We keep this pace up, we should be done by the end of the year"

"So our holiday will just be relaxing?"

"Of course not! We'll still be over here training our quirks. We still have yet to get you to transform individual parts of your body."

"But what if I can't?"

"Can't shman't. We won't know until we try."

"Just like we need to try to get you to cover your whole body in acid," Izuku shot back.

Mina flinched.

"With how exhausted I feel after three body parts, I dread the first attempt."

"Practice makes perfect," Izuku pointed out in a matter of fact tone.

"I hate you," Mina said half heartedly.

"I cherish our friendship, too," Izuku said with a smirk.

Mina breathed a loud sigh before sitting up. The beach was about a third of the way finished. There was still a lot more trash to clean up, but they were making progress.

"Oh, how about we get home and have katsudon?"

"You always want katsudon, Izuku," Mina said, giggling.

"It's so delicious, though," Izuku said.

"It's up to Mama Inko to decide if we're having Katsudon," Mina stated, standing up and brushing off the sand from her butt and legs.

Izuku got up with Mina help and they both headed for Izuku's house. Mina had become a regular resident of Izuku's home. Her parents realized how close the two were and decided to not worry about if Mina stayed over at his house. Of course, they had cleared it with the Midoriya matriarch before giving Mina the go ahead.

Mina enjoyed her newly granted freedom to visit her best friend's house. And because of her freedom, they grew even closer. The only time there would be one without the other was when they had to go to their own homes or when they had to go to school.

The pair arrived at Izuku's house and stepped in, getting greeted by Inko once they closed the door.

"Welcome home, Izuku. Hello, Mina," Inko said with a bright smile.

"Hey, Mom," Izuku said.

"Hey, Mama Inko," Mina greeted with a wave.

"I suppose you'll be staying over again?" Inko asked.