Chapter 48: Wow. Rude.

Comenzar desde el principio

"Oh, great, more questions. What more can you do to me, huh?"

When she pushed back the curtain, Green's eyes widened upon seeing her.

There was a long pause.

"Well then. I... didn't expect you to be here."

Black raised an eyebrow at him, a little offended. What is THAT supposed to mean??

Green sighed again, realizing his mistake. "Okay, yeah, that sounds very sexist, I realize that now. What I MEANT is... I didn't expect the quiet, passive Black to be the one to ask me questions. Like, that's what I would expect from Pink and Red, and probably Peach and White, but definitely not you."

Black narrowed her eyes at him, holding Talon close as she wrote: Then you don't know me as well as you think you do.

~~~~~

Blue

"A theory?" Blue muttered.

"Yes, a theory," Purple replied, her voice fading slightly. "I can't stay here for very long, because my spirit energy drains whenever I talk to anyone - I'll need to leave for a while and then come back later. I can still, like, see you and what you're doing, but I can't communicate at all."

"I guess that makes sense," Blue mused. Once Purple showed up, Blue's crippling loneliness had died down substantially - even if it was temporary, Blue was happy to be talking to Purple.

Quite honestly, she was relieved to talk to ANYONE.

Because, as it turns out, living in the ever-changing void, completely isolated from any other living being, slowly drives people crazy.

"So. My theory is that you've been trapped inside your own head by... whoever took your body."

"... well, that's rude. Quite a d**k move."

Purple gave Blue a look. "Did Green rub off on you or something?"

"Uh... probably."

"Anyways, I think the thing that took over your body had to get rid of your consciousness somehow, in order to stop you from taking back control - it put you in your own mind, where you have no control anymore. Right now, it has control over this void we're in."

"What are you getting at?"

"If you get its attention, and try to dislodge its control on your mind - that plan is still a work in progress, sorry - then logically, you'll get your body back."

Blue blinked at the flickering Purple. "How do you know all this anyway?"

Purple chuckled. "Well, when you die, you tend to think more - that's all I can really do anymore."

"... well, that's simply delightful," Blue commented, not sure what to say.

Purple would have facepalmed if she could touch things, or if any of this was reality.

"I-" Purple flickered once more, almost fading completely this time. "I should go, I'm losing energy."

With that, Blue's only companion was gone.

She sighed as the loneliness started to creep in again.

However, she looked at the void around her with new eyes.

"So I need to get its attention..." Blue thought. "How do I do that?"

After a moment, she answered herself.

"Green's the master of getting people's attention, so I just act like him - surely that'll work, cause he's terribly annoying when he wants to be," Blue shrugged.