The door opened slowly and carefully, but not overly cautious, just enough so that it wouldn't be startling. In the now open doorway stood the counsellor, looking down at Izuku curiously.

"Midoriya, woof? Please, come in and make yourself comfortable.", the hero stated after a moment where Izuku didn't say or move, except for fidgeting with his hands. The hero-in-training gladly followed the instructions, happy to not do anything himself.

Izuku sat on the couch and started fidgeting with the hem of his uniform jacket, still looking down at his fingers. Hound Dog observed him for a moment before sitting down in the chair opposite Izuku and bringing out a notepad with a pen and a fidget cube from a box next to him. Keeping the notepad and pen for himself, he offered the fidget cube to Izuku, who took it eagerly and started fidgeting with it, slowly relaxing.

"It has been a while since I have seen you, Midoriya, woof. I'm glad that you choose to come to me, but if you feel uncomfortable tell me anytime and I will find you a therapist outside of UA.", he waited until Izuku nodded, "Anyways, how are you, woof?"

Izuku relaxed. That was a normal question, an everyday question. He could deal with that one. (he ignored the fact that he always lied when asked)

"Oh, um, I'm doing- I'm fine. A-A little tired from-from today's hero training.", the green-haired boy explained enthusiastically, but obviously tired, since he didn't have the same energy as usual.

"I'm glad to hear so. Is there a specific reason why you wanted to see me today? Woof, or would you like me to tell you what I have observed before through our small interactions that concerned me? You also have the option to keep things light-hearted or just sit in the quiet and relax. Woof, whatever you want, the choice is up to you.", the hero tried to ease into the topic and give the boy as many options as possible so that he didn't feel trapped or forced.

Izuku sighed, shoulders slumping in the relief of simple choices, all his to make. He was curious about what the hero picked up from their interactions, but he also wanted to just keep things light-hearted to avoid the whole thing. That wasn't the point, however, of why he came here in the first place.

"Could you- Would you mind telling me on what- what you have observed?", the boy stuttered out, a bit afraid. The hero just nodded, accepting the answer before starting to talk.

"Well, woof, I see signs of severe anxiety, some form of depression as well an inferiority complex and trust issues. You also seem to keep your emotions bottled up a lot and hide behind a very convincing smile. This suggests abuse and neglect by who I cannot tell, woof. Do you feel like I'm on the right track here or is there anything else you'd like to add or maybe remove? Woof, do not feel the need to answer though. You don't have to."

Izuku thought about it. The hero was right in his observations and the late-night research did say something similar. Could he trust this counsellor? Could he trust an adult?

"You can't tell any-anyone about this or-or even that you h-have meeting with me, with-without my per-permission.", the boy stated nervously. Maybe he could trust this adult, the first adult to reach out to him and mean it.

"Of course.", Hound Dog nodded. Izuku took a deep breath, calming down a bit.

"I- I was quirk-quirkless for- before the- the UA entrance e-exam. I-", it was getting harder to breathe for Izuku. Tears welled up before spilling over his cheeks. His breathing became more rapidly, desperately trying to catch some more oxygen, fingers shaking so much that the fidget cube fell out. Izuku started to curl in on himself, to make himself smaller so that he wouldn't be a bigger target than he already is-