Chapter Five.

Sanguk.

Sanguk has never been so nervous in his life. He honestly was a man who didn't come from a loving family. His father stopped loving his mother as soon as Sanguk grew conscious of everything around him. He was at the ripe age of five and the only thing he can remember is that his father was seen with another woman. He remembered her red lipstick, her scratchy voice, and her constant pinching of his cheek. Sanguk told his mother of course and she was angry, but she stayed with him anyway because getting a divorce was looked down upon and they were already dirt poor, so it just made the situation so much worse.

Sanguk exhaled as he looked at his cousin Bogum, who was looking through his closet while his other cousin flipped through his comic book. "Hyung, you need to dress nice," Bogum exhaled and Sanguk honestly felt down because he didn't have any nice clothes to take her on a date. "I can't fit any of your clothes," Sanguk mumbled and Bogum turns around as he shuts his drawer. "I want you to look good for her... you say you really like her Hyung," Bogum says and Sanguk did like her a lot, all he could do was think about Mariposa. Her precious face, her cloud-like hair, and her pretty smile. He still wonders how he got so lucky to be known by a gorgeous woman like her.

Bogum ran his hands through his dark locks, he leans against his dresser. He was fair-skinned but this time of year, he has a sheen yellow tint of a tan. He had dark hair that was long and tied back in a bun, he had broad shoulders, a slim waist, and long legs. He was recently scouted by a modeling company but he would rather not take on such a job because he wanted to finish school first, he wouldn't be pretty forever. "Let's go get you something nice then," Bogum insisted and Sanguk reached into his pocket to take out his wallet. "I only have money for our date but not anything to wear," Sanguk says and he was glad he worked extra shifts in his aunt's store but still it wasn't enough.

Joey, who was laying on the bed, looked at Sanguk and he closed his comic book. He was a puppy-like guy, his floppy dark hair that wasn't as long but in a flimsy bowl cut, he was quite fair-complexioned but just a slight natural tan to him. He was soft-spoken and shy, he didn't have many friends but he was fine with that because his brother and his cousin were his best friends. "Where are you taking her?" Joey asked, he set his book aside and he sat up.

"I'm going to take her to that nice restaurant. I want to impress her," Sanguk answered.

Sanguk is fully aware of how Mariposa comes from a plentiful family and he wanted to give her something that she was used to and treat her like her father would treat her, to a fancy dinner in a fancy place.

Joey frowned and he looked over at Bogum who wasn't as sure as he was. "You don't need to take her somewhere really fancy, there's so much you can do without spending so much money. You don't have much Hyung, you shouldn't spend your money on just one dinner. Take her to a Korean restaurant, you would get many servings for not even half the price of the food at a fancy restaurant that will only give you half a plate," Joey stated and Sanguk has never taken a woman out before, he has been with girls but he was a poor boy so he couldn't do much with the girls that he used to like.

Sanguk exhaled, rubbed his hair and he looked at his cousins. "I just want our first date to be special, Korean food is not fancy-"

Bogum lets out a scoff, he shakes his head and he sits down on the bed. "Hyung, the way you talk about Mariposa, she seems like a beautiful person. I feel that a woman like her will cherish everything with you, even if it's not a lot. As you said, she is very smart so she is aware that you don't have much but she likes you and wants to go on a date with you. It's hard to come across women like that these days," Bogum says and he pats Sanguk's shoulder. "What do you really want to do with Mariposa?" Bogum questioned.