𝟖 - 𝐈 𝐍𝐄𝐄𝐃 𝐀𝐍 𝐀𝐍𝐒𝐖𝐄𝐑

→ I was nervous too meet my dad, I don't know what it was but there was something telling me too ask him all the questions I could never ask my mom. After all the only person who can give me an answer is my dad after all?

"Y/n he's going to be here in 20 minutes, are you sure you have everything?" Your mom packed extra food for you and Lana. "Yes mom i triple checked mom." I laugh.

"Promise me you're going too call me whenever you can, and by that I mean everyday." She raises a brow. "I promise mom."

I heard a knock on the door but I heard lana voice telling her mom she'd be fine by herself. I opened the door too be greeted with a hug which almost turned out to be the death of me.

"You excited?" She asks me "If by excited you mean nervous? Then yes." I sigh and grab a carton of juice and drink the last bit of it.

"Come on it'll be fun, look on the bright side we're going to be together and alone, we get to do whatever we want, plus your dad will be more than happy to see you." She comforts me.

We heard someone knock on the door, I tried convincing myself that it wasn't my dad but it in fact was and my mom had opened the door greeting him inside.

He looks different, he's more happy, I swear he's rich and he's got a new wife. But I guess it's whatever.
He's wearing a suit which I'm guessing is his work uniform.

"Y/n, how you doing buddy?" Buddy, is what he used to call me when I was a kid, I haven't been called that since I was 3 years old.

"I'm good, thanks" he smiles and starts taking our suitcases and bags to the car. all together there was about six suitcases and four bags. We really fit all our clothes in there.

I grabbed one of my suitcases and walked outside and seen there was two cars. The one which dad had been filling up with suitcases had a driver in it and the other car was dads personal car.

After we'd put all the bags the driver had driven off my dad told us to sit in his car, he went to my mom and they talked for 5 minutes. Mom was probably giving him instructions.

"Okay who's ready for a 1 hour drive?" He asks. "Definitely not me." I mumble "shush" lana sighs and puts her head on my shoulder.

We were about 20 minutes in and Lana had fallen asleep, considering it was 8am i don't think she had enough sleep last night.

"She's asleep?" Dad asks me "yeah she probably didn't sleep enough." I tell him as I open a bag of candy.

"Listen kid, I want you to know that I'm sorry for what I've done and-" I cut him off. "You don't have to be sorry besides there's a reason for everything?"
He seemed to be a bit sad over what I'd said.

"Yeah I guess so." He nods "so why did you leave?" I ask him curiously, i finally had the guts to ask.

"I guess I was too young to understand what being a dad really meant, at the time I was hardly there for you and your mother."

That didn't help me with anything.
"that's a shitty explanation dad, if you were too young to understand the meaning of being a dad you and mom wouldn't have been having a kid in your third year."

"I know but at the time I was a kid who couldn't think straight, I stayed with your mom because it felt like that was the right thing to do but I left mainly because I wasn't financially capable of helping your mom, she had her parents whereas my parents didn't support me having a child at my age."

That's it? I'd waited 16 years just to hear that?