25~fine

SHOW POV

After a short pause, the stage finally lit up revealing an empty set with just the idol a chair and her guitar.

As the cheers of the fans died down, the girl soon began her performance.

JAKE POV

As the girl strummed her first note, I immediately felt a tear run down my cheek.

On a ripped piece of paper
I wrote down how I really feel
And it gets clear, somethin' bout you

Yeah, you and I are similar but different
Do you feel the same way?
I'm getting my hopes up

When one day, one month, one year passes
Will we be living different lives?

Hearing her voice echo through the stage, I couldn't help but feel my chest ache as I listened to the lyrics.

Not me
It won't be easy for me
Still, you fill up my days
Not yet
I tell myself, like a fool
I can't swallow the words that linger in my mouth
It's not fine
Ah it's not fine

As the girl sang with pure emotion and feeling, I watched as I notice a tear escape her eye. 

The idols around me also began to sob.

Sometimes, I get this overwhelming feeling
Of having to do something
So I move around for no reason

When one day, one month, one year passes
You said you'd probably smile and reminisce but

Not me
It won't be easy for me
Still, you fill up my days
Not yet
I tell myself, like a fool
I can't swallow the words that linger in my mouth
It's not fine
Ah it's not fine

Watching the girl with tears running down my face, I suddenly felt a nudge from the idol next to me.

"She's singing about you."

Taken aback by Haruto's words, I turned back to the girl in complete shock.

Between the meaningless jokes, back-and-forth conversations
And all the people, I look like I'm fine
I pretend to be numb and I try to smile
I try to turn around from your shadow but

I keep thinking
About our last moment
The words "take care" was it for our plain breakup
Not yet
I tell myself, like a fool
I can't swallow the words that linger in my mouth

Taking each word of the lyrics in, I suddenly picked up a line that caused me to freeze.

"The words "take care" was it for our plain breakup"
No way, she can't be referring to what I mouthed to her at her encore stage-

Realising the truth of Haruto's words, I felt my heart shatter.

Soojin-ah, you didn't forget about us.

Collapsing to the floor, completely overwhelmed, I hid my head in my hands trying to silence my intense sobbing. Months and months of pent up emotion I had experienced because of the girl came crashing down on me as I felt my chest ache. 

Before I knew it, the sound of her guitar stopped and the girl sang her last words.There was a moment of silence before suddenly the audience erupted into the loudest applause my ears have ever heard.

Lifting my head up to look at the girl, my eyes widened as I realised she was staring at me. Her eyes were red and puffy as tears were also streaming down her face.

Unable to hold it in anymore, I picked myself up from the floor and bolted straight to the idol.

The applause suddenly stopped as gasps and whispers filled the stage.

Not giving a damn about being on stage in front of hundreds of people, including live television, I instantly engulfed the girl in a long-awaited hug. In shock, the girl froze for a feel seconds before finally giving in and wrapping her arms around my neck.

At that moment, I felt a light enter my life.

As if the stars had realigned and all the bad in the world had disappeared, I cried.

Cried hard.

Cried like there was no tomorrow.

Cried like I had never let the girl go in the first place.

Cried like I never was the one who put her in a coma.

Cried like a boy who had finally reunited with his first love.

Soon, small pockets of clapping could be heard from the crowds. Slowly but steadily, the audience soon erupted into cheers and applause even louder than before. Squeezing the girl tighter in my arms, I suddenly felt a weight on top of us.

Looking up from Soojin's shoulder, I saw Haruto with his arms wrapped around the two of us. He smiled giving me a wink and before I knew it the rest of Treasure, ENHYPEN and I-GURLZ ran onto the stage, joining our hug.

Under the bright lights of the stage and loud cheers from the audience, we all held each other crying tears of relief and elation.

Looking down at the girl in my arms, I tucked her hair behind her ear before holding her face.

"Park Soojin. I love you."

Tears falling at my sudden confession, the girl looked up at me with glistening eyes.

"Sim Jaeyun, I love you too."

In that moment I heard the sun come up and birds sing.

Completely in a state of euphoria, I instantly leaned in and locked my lips with the girl's. Tasting the sweet flavour of her lip balm, I held my eyes closed savouring the moment.

As my lips were on her's I heard the hoots and cheers of the idols around me as well as the audience below. Smiling against her lips, I finally released her from my hold and pulled away.

Staring into her round shiny orbs, I felt like the luckiest man on the planet.

Unable to control myself, I quickly dipped back into another kiss.

Park Soojin.
I think I'm in love with you.