21~meeting

JAKE POV

I spent a few days thinking about Haruto's proposal to help Soojin, and finally I had built up enough courage to go speak to Hyunsik and Goreum.

Knocking on the door of the office, I opened the door nervously.

"Ah Jake, it's nice to see you. Come in." greeted Goreum as she gestured for me to sit down.

Hyunsik was also in the room next to her. He shot me a kind smile.

My relationship with the two company heads has been a bit rocky ever since the incident with Soojin at the MC Countdown. Since they banned the boys and I from making our next scheduled comeback, I haven't really been at the building to see them around.

Bowing respectfully to greet them, I soon made my way over to the chair opposite them.

"So what brings you here?" asked Hyunsik looking at me interested.

I gulped under the eyes of the two and straightened my back in my seat.

Come on Jakey boy.
You got this.
Do it for Soojin.

I cleared my throat and took a breath before speaking.

"I would like to speak with you about Soojin."

Chewing my lip anxiously I watched as their smiles disappeared.

"And what made you think that was a good idea?" Goreum growled looking at me like I was crazy.

Looking to the Hyunsik, I watched as he glanced at Goreum and mumbled a quiet, "Let him speak."

The woman eyed the man before reluctantly nodding for me to continue.

"I have been given the information that Soojin is being mentally and financially abused at YG. A few of the idols there are coming up with a plan to get her out of the company but if that goes through, she will need a new company to sign to." I began keeping eye contact with the two.

"I'm not oblivious to the pertinent disliking you have obtained after Soojin left our company but from what I've been told things look serious and she is really in need of help." 

I observed the serious faces of the two as they listened to my every word.

"Unlike the staff at YG I know you two care for your idols and deep down I know you both still love Soojin."

Analysing their faces, I noticed a Hyunsik's eyes start to water. 
Goreum's expression also softened.

"You were both there for her when she spent her 6 months in a coma, I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to give her a helping hand while she battles with the corrupt business men and women at her company." I spoke looking at them pleadingly.

"She didn't leave Bighit just because she felt like it and decided to betray you guys. She left because of me. I was the one who left her in so much pain. Imagine if you were in her shoes, would you not want to leave this place either?"

Feeling my emotions get the best of me, I felt a tear run down my cheek.

"Yes, she got signed at our rival company but do you really think she was aware? If she really did know our history with them, there's no way the Soojin I know would voluntarily go there." 

I watched as both Hyunsik and Goreum broke their eye contact with me, looking dead-panned at the floor.

A few seconds had past and soon Goreum spoke into the silence.

"We need to talk this over, Jake. Soojin switching companies is a big deal." she spoke in a serious tone.

"She's right. If Soojin comes back to us, that would dangerously provoke YG." Hyunsik spoke holding his hands together in a fist.

"Who knows what they would do to tear our company down."

Listening to their words, I swallowed a log in my throat.

Maybe this really is something out of my reach.
Getting even further on YG's bad side could cause terrible things to BigHit.

All three of us sat in silence for a few minutes before Goreum finally spoke again.

"In the meantime, you need to rest. Your ban is nearly over so you'll need to start working hard again very soon."

Nodding at the woman's words, I got up and bid my farewell before leaving the office.

I did what I could Haruto.
It's up to you now.

***

SOOJIN POV

After another long day of practising at the studio, I soon made my way back to my dorm. Walking through the halls, I began to think back to the past few days.

I still can't believe I fell unconscious in front of the Treasure boys like that.
Talk about embarrassing.  

Recalling the memory, I shivered at the thought.

Well I guess I have a lot of other things to worry about.
Like the last minute song Saeri gave me to perform in a few days.

I felt myself getting angry again at just the thought.

I still can't believe she's making me to this.
It's only my second comeback and I'm already sick of singing about high school crushes.

Sighing, I finally arrived at my dorm and entered inside. As I reached to turn on the light, I suddenly heard a ruffling from in the living room.

With my flight and fight instincts kicking in, I quickly grabbed hold of the umbrella leaning against the wall and prepared myself to turn on the light. Taking a breath, I flicked on the switch and held the umbrella in the air, ready for attack. 

Closing my eyes I swung the umbrella in front of me, hitting what felt like a hard figure. Hearing a familiar groan, I quickly opened my eyes.

"Haruto?"