19~guitar

JINHYUK POV

It was now only one week till Soojin's Inkigayo comeback and Saeri had scheduled for an evaluation just to make sure she's prepared.

Saeri, a few staff and I sat patiently on chairs in the practice room while we waited for the girl to arrive.

"Hello, sorry I'm late!" spoke Soojin as she entered the room.

I smiled at the girl.

She had her hair tied back and was dressed in a simple tee with sweatpants. However today she looked a little more nervous than usual.

"Ah yes come in Soojin, let's begin shall we?" spoke Saeri as she gestured for Soojin to take the floor.

I watched as the girl took a breath before standing in the middle. For a few seconds she stood still doing nothing.

Then suddenly out of the blue she walked to the back of the room and retrieved a guitar from it's case.

Wha-Soojin?!
What are you doing?!

The girl took deep breaths as she brought the guitar back to the middle of the room. She wrapped the strap around her body and exhaled before starting to strum.

"Soojin-ssi-"
"No, just wait."

I watched as Saeri glared at me for cutting her off but to be honest I didn't care.

Soojin was doing something big.

I wouldn't let Saeri ruin it again.

The CEO's eye twitched as she crossed her arms and puffed in a frustrated manner. Soon, Soojin began to sing.

Like expected, the room soon filled with the sweet echoes of her voice.

This time, it was even better than what I had ever heard from her before.

The melody of the song was so rich yet sweet and the lyrics that accompanied it were so real I felt a tear form at my eye.

As the song built up to the chorus I felt my heart clench. The girl sang with her eyes closed, emoting every word of each line.

Soojin, we've hurt you so much haven't we?

As the song reached it's conclusion, the girl strummed her last note and silence filled the room.

That's when my tear finally dropped.
I noticed the other staff also were sniffing their tears back.

The girl opened her eyes and revealed the drained, fed up mess she was on the inside. Her once flare that had been so evident in her eyes was now burnt out and all there was, was exhaustion and hurt.

Feeling the urge to get out of my seat and run to the girl, Saeri suddenly spoke.

"Soojin-ssi, I'm very disappointed in you."

Her voice boomed the room like an earthquake.

Come on Saeri, don't do this.

I watched as Soojin stared at the woman blankly as if she had already expected it.

"We specifically gave you the concept of a sweet, innocent school girl but you completely disrespected that and went off to write such a depressing song." Saeri spoke in anger.

"We even gave you musical freedom to write it yourself but still you decided to cross the line and abuse that freedom."

Suddenly Saeri stood up from her chair and walked over to the girl.

My heart ached as I watched the girl grip her guitar, trying to stop tears from falling.

Saeri sighed before reaching over and snatching the guitar out of her hands. Like a monster possessed by a demon the older woman held the instrument high in the air before smashing it onto the hard ground.

The guitar snapped at the neck as well as dented at the body. Splinters of wood poked out from every direction.

"Because of your foolish behaviour, I will be assigning you a song to perform that will actually fit your concept."

A tear dropped from Soojin's eye as she looked sadly at the destroyed guitar.

"Your stage is next week so I expect you to be finished learning and perfecting by tomorrow." Saeri spoke in an insensitive way.

Suddenly a voice spoke.

"Saeri-nim, that is absurb she can't possibly-" the staff member was cut off when Saeri shot him a death stare.

"I don't care if it's physically possible or not. She knew what she was doing coming in today singing that song so she needs to face the consequences."

Saeri looked at the teary eyed Soojin as she looked to the floor trying not to burst into tears.

"Are you not going to apologise?" she spat rudely.

I watched as the small girl continued to keep her eyes on the floor, frozen in her position.

Soojin-ah just do it, it'll only make things worse if you don't.

Mentally nudging the girl to speak up, finally the girl got up from her seat and bowed.

"Sorry."

And with that she sprinted out of the room, not looking back.

Soojin-ah I'm so sorry.

•••

HYUNSUK POV (not Hyunsik, Hyunsuk hehe)

The Treasure boys and I were hanging out in the YG cafe after our long practice.

"Hyunsuk hyung, I left my phone in the practice room can you help me go get it please?"

I turned around and saw Junghwan, our maknae scoffing his face with spicy rice cakes.

"Yah why don't you get it yourself? I'm not your mum." I replied looking back down at my phone.

The younger member whined as he quickly chewed his mouthful before speaking again.

"But hyungggg if I go, my tteokbokki will get cold!"

I raised my brow at him as he clasped his hands together in a pleading position.

"Pwese leader-nim?" he spoke in aegyo.

Sighing I smacked the kid on the head.

"Fine, only because I'm your 'leader-nim'." I replied mocking his aegyo.

Junghwan cheered as he happily ate his food. Building up the strength to get out of my comfortable position, I soon entered the hallway.

Man, the things I do for these boys as their leader.

Shaking my head at my thoughts, I soon reached the floor of the practice rooms. Running through the halls I suddenly took notice of a familiar girl crouched down against the wall.

"Soojin?"