𝐗𝐈𝐈 | END

Seokjin stares at the man at the man in the mirror. He's pretty sure he should be smiling, or at least dripping in nerves and excitement, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

His mind can't help but wander back to seven years ago. The gaping hole that reopened when he stood outside, waiting for Byulyi to run out of her room, to call him and to pull him close to a tight hug. Tell him she didn't want to break up with him. That she still loved Jin.

But that moment never arose.

Instead Seokjin makes eye contact with his reflection, as if asking it if this was the right thing to be doing. He glances at the lifeless tie in his hand. He could still vividly remember Byulyi's nimble figers tying the fabric around his collar.

"You still haven't gotten finished getting ready yet?" Jimin's booming voice interrupts the silence of Seokjin's dressing room. Immediately, Jin plasters a wide smile on his face, hoping there was at least some type of sincerity shown through it.

"I can't believe the perfect Kim Seokjin still can't tie his own tie." Jimin snickers as he offers his assistance.

Perfect Kim Seokjin. It was a heavy title, even to this day.

"Luckily, you'll have a wife very soon to do all of this for you." Jimin points out. Seokjin only gives a tight-lipped smile in response, standing silently as Jimin begins to adjust his tie.

Jimin pats the man's shoulder yet the happiness of the occasion didn't seem to be painted on Seokjin's face and Jimin had a nudge on why it seems so.

"Ten minutes!" Rosé pops her head into the dressing room after sending a couple knocks against the door. The bright smile on her face explaining her excitement and sending encouragement to the groom as the best man rolls his eyes in response.

She slips into the room, a familiar tablet placed in her hands.

"Moonbyul let you hold her tablet? Doesn't she kind of need it?" Seokjin asks the assitant wedding planner. From his understanding, the tablet was core of all Byulyi's plans.

Rosé's face beams with accomplishment as she raises the tablet in the air.

"Miss Moon is finally letting me handle the wedding day operations for once." The assistant announces. Seokjin blinks. Not exactly understanding Rose as Jimin raises an eyebrow.

"She had personal matters to tend to today so she left it in my hands to finish the project. Don't worry though. I learned everything from her so your special day will run just as smooth." Rosé assures the groom with a thumbs before rushing back into the hallway, shooting daggers at Jimin who didn't seem all that amused that she interrupted the men's conversation.

Personal matters? Or was Byulyi just avoiding him now? Seokjin furrows his brows. He wasn't ready to never see the wedding planner again. He was expecting at least today to be his final farewell, but she stole it from him.

Both men peer outside the dressing room, out to the decorated hall. Seokjin felt his heart race a thousand miles at the jittery atmosphere and Jimin sighed heavily knowing exactly why Seokjin felt this way.

"Seokjin.." Jimin places a reassuring hand on the man's shoulder. "I'm going to give the most hypocritical advice there is...but... please don't make a decision you will regret"

He gazes at the man's eyes and in that moment alone, for once, it was like he could finally read through Seokjin's innermost thoughts.

Jimin gives him a defeated smile "Follow your heart, Seokjin."

————

Seokjin doesn't know how it happened, but he's standing at the altar beside the officiant, staring into the eyes of his soon-to-be-wife. Irene's jet black hair was skillfully pinned in place as the glittery material of her veil cascades down her back.