𝐈𝐈

Frustration.

That's all Byulyi has been bathing in for the past two days. Whatever made her agree to accepting this fiasco of a challenge, she regrets it now.

It's been two nights of sleeplessness for her, trying to contact all her venue connections to find an open availability. The dark roast espresso on her desk doesn't make a dent on her energy either.

"Yoongi-nim can you please make just one exception for me? I'm Moon Byulyi, Moon Byulyi, I literally bring in a quarter of your venue's yearly profits alone." She argues over the phone, her voice pleading for an opportunity to fall out of her hands for once, ironically.

She rolls her eyes in irritation when the venue manager insincerely apologizes and offer up a ridiculous excuse. She may be at fault for asking for last minute venue availability, but Yoongi's sorry excuses for not opening up his venue on a Sunday was not enough.

"Yeah well, I'm not asking you to always be open on a Sunday. This is an emergency. You can trust me; we've worked together for two years now." Byulyi tries to convince him again.

Knock! knock!

Byulyi glances up from her desk, catching a glimpse of a face in the small door window. Her body seems to momentarily lose functional and she can't tell if her heart is beating fast or if it has just stopped altogether.

"Yoongi, please think about it. I am begging-" He cut her off. That money hungry bastard. She released an exasperated sigh staring at her phone in complete helplessness before once again—

Knock! Knock!

Byulyi clears her throat and attempts to stress the wrinkles in her button up shirt out. Lets just say Moonbyul was not always put together when working in the office away from clients.

"C-come in" She calls out, silently cursing herself for stuttering.

As soon as she sees the door handle begin to turn, she averts her eyes to the mess of documents sprawled on her desk. Her hands frantically search for a folder or pencil to keep herself looking busy.

A few fleeing moments skip by. Byulyi doesn't bother looking up to him, her body just knew that he was only a few steps away from her.

"Have you both already decided on a color scheme?" Byulyi asks as she mindlessly runs her line of sight across the messy scribbles on her notes. Seokjin sets the large binder of colors on her desk before opening his mouth to speak.

"She really likes the Summer Meadow Pallet." His voice is soft and gentle, just how she remembers it from so many years ago. Byulyi can feel her hand beginning to tremble so she quickly places the stack of notes back down as to not give herself away.

"I had a feeling she'd still end up choosing that one" She comments with a tight smile, still refusing to make eye contact with the man darting daggers directly in front of her.

A lightbulb goes off in her head when she remembers that she hadn't given Irene the event insurance documents the other day. Thankful for having a reason to walk away from Seokjin, Byulyi doesn't hesitate.

"I forgot to give these to you both the other day, but it's important you look through it in case you would like to have your weddding insured." Byulyi explains as she searches for the familiar red binder among the shelves. Her eyes twinkle with recognition when she spots a flash of red on the top shelf.

Immediately, Byulyi goes to reach for the binder, her fingertips coming just centimeters away from it. She extends herself by standing on the top of toes, this time nudging the object, but not enough to full grasp it. When designing her office, she really should have considered her height.

Suddenly she feels a warm, firm hand rest on her waist as an arm reaches beyond hers, doing what she could not.

Byul's body locks down, unable to move from her spot at his touch. It's only when his hands leave her waist does she snap around, a startled expression playing out on her face. They finally make eye contact for the first time since they had last met, years ago, or what felt like to her—decades.

There it went again. Those butterflies in her stomach suppressed from way back. And it hurts still.

"Are you going to keep acting like you don't know me?" Seokjin voices out the question he had been thinking about since the moment he stepped foot in her office. His dark brown eyes bore into hers, searching in her irises for an answer.

It only registers now how close Seokjin is standing to her. If she even attempted to take a half step forward, she would collide into him. He's so close that his boyish scent mixed with cologne clouds her senses and rational thoughts.

"I-I'm not."

What a liar. He scoffs under his breath. To be fair, she would too if she were in his shoes.

"Why did you accept this project? Don't you feel... Upset?" Again, his eyes search for the truth in hers.

That was how Seokjin had always been. She knows that, so despite it all, she turns her eyes into stone cold rocks. Regardless of the hurt she feels deep inside egging at her chest, she wasn't going to let him know. After all, Soekjin was on his way to be happily married in less than a month and who was she to interfere?

She can see the confusion register in his expression right away. The Byulyi he remembers, he could read her like the back of his own hand, but the Moonbyul in front of him, no she was different now.

"I think you're mistaken Mr. Kim. You're just another client to me."