𝐕𝐈𝐈

Seokjin's eyes seem to always find their way back to the wedding planner observing from the audience. He hasn't seen that same smile with cheek dimples for who knows how long. Her eyes are cold as she calls out the ceremony headers to notify everyone on the setup. Jin watches as her gaze falls on everyone else but him. It was like she was avoiding his existence and he didn't like it all. He secretly still wanted her eyes only on him.

"After the pronouncement, the bride and groom will kiss. Then we will begin exiting the ceremony hall." Moonbyul explains to the wedding party. She scans the expressions of the participants, looking for any sign of confusion. When she couldn't seem to find any she continues.

"Bride and groom, you will be leaving first. Hook your arms and begin descending back down the aisle." The words leave her lips, but she doesn't bother to watch the lucky couple follow through her instructions. It's better not to. Byulyi keeps her eyes glued to the tablet screen until the next duo begins to saunter down the aisle.

"That was a great run through. As long as you all remember your parts exactly like how it was rehearsed, the wedding ceremony should go without a hitch." Moonbyul assures the wedding party as she slides her tablet into her bag. Her hands move faster than ever to pack her belongings. She signals to Rosé to pack up fast as well.

"Thank you so much, Miss Moon." Irene squeals.

By habit, her eyes dart to the bride only to see her dangling on Seokjin's arm like a keychain. Byulyi quickly decides to divert her eyes to anywhere else, uncomfortable with the unwanted knocking in her chest.

"I'll be in contact with you to wrap up with any details." With that, Moonbyul takes her leave.

Being in the same room with the happy couple and an annoyed best man was suffocating enough, she needed to escape. Seokjin's feet move before he realizes it, ready to follow the wedding planner on her way out, but a firm grip holds him back. He glances over his shoulder, meeting the serious expression of his best friend.

"Irene, I'm going to borrow your fiancé for a quick minute." Jimin states with a friendly smile. He cocks his head towards the hallway and Seokjin hesitantly follows him.

Soon they both find themselves far off from the crowd upstairs from the podium.

"Are you crazy?" Jimin demands, glaring in disbelief at the man. Seokjin sighs, pinching his nose bridge in agitation.

"I didn't plan this. Irene was adamant on having Byulyi plan our wedding." Seokjin explains.

"Does Irene know though?" Jimin's question was answered by the guilty expression painted on Jin's face.

Jimin curses under his breath. He glances at his best friend, trying to read the look in his eyes. He was always a brotherly figure to Seokjin ever since they were little and it was this part of their past high school experience that hurt them the most.

"Are you over her?"

The question catches Seokjin off guard.

"Are you over Moonbyul, goddamit Seokjin?!"

"Of course I am." Seokjin scoffs, brushing off the male's question as he palmed his neck. That was the answer Jimin was searching for, right? So that must be the truth, right?

"Yeah right who are you trying to fool? I saw you the whole rehearsal. You couldn't take your eyes off her." Jimin points out. Seokjin's face flushes crimson red after being caught red-handed.

"There's nothing between Byulyi and I. It's in the past." Seokjin insists. His throat dries up on him however, betraying him.

Jimin's brows furrow in concern.