𝐕𝐈

Excitement rings in the air as the final days begin to count down. The lively chatter of the bridesmaid, typical nagging of the bride's mother trying to put her two cents in, obnoxious laughter of the groomsmen, and the barking of the wedding planner trying to bring everything together in place.

Moonbyul stares at the diagram in her hands, adjusting the positions of the wedding party. Usually, the wedding rehearsal takes place closer to the date, but tonight was the only time the venue had available on such short notice.

Byulyi lets out a frustrated sigh. The entire wedding party wasn't even present since it was a weekday evening. The were missing the groom, for heavens sake. She glances from her tablet to the wedding party, checking the spacing the best she can with the gaps. Her eyes twitch at the mess.

"Groomsmen, can we agree agree whether to place your hands in front or behind your back? We want the pictures to be as nice as possible." Byulyi asks through slightly gritted teeth for about the third time tonight. The men chant a hasty apology before adjusting their hands. Again.

"Remember, you all must keep your bodies at an angle to the guests." Byulyi calls out. She gestures her chin at the bridesmaids, signaling Rosé to go adjust their angling. Her assistant immediately scurries to the wedding stage, quickly correcting the bridesmaids' shoulders. Impatiently, Moonbyul checks the time. Half past seven.

"Where's the rest of the party? We can't have a rehearsal with several of the main roles absent." Moonbyul's voice was just as the edge of shouting when she spoke. Irene sends an apologetic smile from the alter. Safe to say, Byulyi isn't affected by it.

"We're here!" A familiar high pitched squeal thunders through the air. Byulyi's eyes float to the entrance, spotting the petite man stumbling into the ceremony hall.

Jimin hasn't changed at all since they last met. Seokjin appeared behind the pretty short male present. His gaze automatically searching until it falls on it's target: Byulyi. As soon as their eyes lock, he moves forward until he's made his way to her. He's breathing hard, trying to catch his breath after rushing to the venue straight from work. His black locks stick to his forehead, slightly damp from perspiration.

"I'm sorry.... I'm late..." Seokjin barely heaves the words out in front of the wedding planner.

Byulyi tightens her grip on her tablet. Seokjin was supposed to be looking for his bride and apologizing to her first. What was he doing standing before her, making her heart swell for all the wrong reasons?

"Go the altar. We'll begin the rehearsal." Moonbyul directs, taking a few steps back to try and put some space between them. Seokjin, however, seems to linger in his spot a bit too long before he finally begins to move.

Byulyi turns her attention the slowly approaching pretty gentleman. She felt smaller than usual when his curious and unhappy glare feels like boiling water being poured into her skin. He stops in his steps, lips pressed tightly to withhold his emotions.

"What are you doing here." Jimin interrogates in an accusing whisper.

Byulyi glances up at the altar where Seokjin stands next to his bride-to-be. It would've been nice if he had explained things to his best man sooner, but then again that's Seokjin. She sighs as she brings her attention back to Jimin.

"I'm doing what I was hired to do." Byulyi answers, her face emotionless.

"Hired to do what?" Jimin scoffs turning his head "Ruin Seokjin's life even more? Just when he's finally happy again. When he's finally learned to love again. You're unbelievable." He spits out clicking his tongue in a harsh manner,