anime beach episode gone wrong

the sun was blazing, the sky a brilliant blue, and the traffic leading to the beach infuriating; your typical mid-summer day weekend. in this long, seemingly unmoving queue of impatient beach goers, we may find our two favorite lovers, leorio and kurapika, desperately lapping up the little cold air the ac provided. their patience was growing weary the longer they sat in the car, though they had initially thought the drive to the beach would be nothing. leorio fumbled with the knobs on the console, switching on the radio. a blaring ad came on, startling kurapika, who was scrunching his eyes closed in attempt to keep his temper under control.
leorio quickly switched it off and threw his head back against the seat. he couldn't open the window for the ac was on, however the car was stuffy nonetheless. kurapika cleared his throat.
leorio looked over. he clicked his tongue.
kurapika let out a hum.
leorio nodded and drummed his fingers on the steering wheel. "so-"
"weather's nice,"
this time it was leorios turn to hum in agreement.
a car pulled ahead of them.
leorio blinked.
kurapika coughed.
"i'm pulling over, we'll walk," leorio turned his right indicator on. they wove through the maze of cars accompanied by the sounds of honking and complaining from various drivers.
kurapika unbuckled his seatbelt and reach for the bag he had set on the floor before him. doors swung opened and were closed with a chink. leorios transition glasses turned a darker tint and kurapika slid his own pair of sunglasses on. they had terribly miscalculated how far the beach was from where they were as it was only 10 minutes away by the road.
"six miles by the quickest route," kurapika read off of the map on leorios phone.
"six miles?"
"six miles."
leorio sighed and glanced over at the horde of cars, who's windshields were blinding in the sun. he looked back at the car, then down to his frustrated significant other. "we best hop to it then,"
"i suppose we should," kurapika reached up to leorios elbow and guided him around the car, still looking at the phone. thus, they set off along the concrete path leading them to their destination. it had only been minutes when they could start to feel the scorching heat burn in the back of their necks. six miles was starting to feel longer and longer.
the pavement became elastic and stretched further and further the farther they stepped. the few areas of shade cast from the vegetation in the surrounding area was like an oasis for the pair, though it didn't last long. it had been what seemed like 5-6 hours, (though in reality it must've been only 30 minutes) when a small store promising a/c in bright neon flashed , catching leorio's eye.
"peeks,"
"mm?"
leorio put his heavy hand on his boyfriends slumped shoulders, which kurapika abruptly shook off, but not before he turned to face where leorio was looking. the store was shack then store, it was a decaying and dilapidated old building, not somewhere one would find themself excited to venture into, but to the two desperate, exhausted men, this was an oasis. they couldn't pay attention to the dirty, peeling walls and the partially caved in roof, their eyes were fixed on the blinking neon sign.
they carefully made their way across the road, th me traffic had thinned out a while back so there weren't too many cars. though it was easy to get to the other side, they could feel the burning asphalt under their sandals.
"aie!" leorio cried as he began to hop across the road, burning the bottoms of his feet with every contact he made with the road.
upon discovering the intensely harmful nature of the roadway, kurapika clenched his jaw and sped as fast as he could across the road, try his best not to let out a cry of pain.
they had made it across successfully, managing to avoid any serious burns, now all that stood before them was the glorious glorious shack with the heavenly neon sign.
"oh sorry bout that, a/c stopped workin a while back," a gruff looking man informed them when they inquired why the building was just as hot if not hotter than the outside.
leorio seethed with anger, "ok" he spat and spun around on his heel, marching out the door. kurapika trailed after him, defeated.
they continued to trek on, stripping their shirts off after pressure from the sweltering sun. leorio drew a dick on kurapika back with the sunscreen, unbeknownst to the poor victim.
kurapika wrote "kick me" on leorios back. neither of them knew they had been vandalized. neither would've cared much if they did know, the heat and humidity seemed to waft away any thoughts they had.
"is it too late to go back to the car?" leorio face gleamed with perspiration.
"yes."
they trudged on.
"i could call an uber?" kurapika had pulled his hair into a ponytail to prevent the hair on the back of his neck from singeing off.
"i forgot my wallet."
step after step, they begrudgingly walked on.
it felt as though days had gone by, perhaps they had, who knows. the two were exhausted and had lost all hope. at this point the only thing keeping them going was because they might have dropped dead if they stopped. it was hopeless. they were going to burn to death on the side a crappy road that sported a sign "not a government maintained road" with too many potholes.
"i haven't even graduated med school,"
"i haven't collected my family's eyes..."
"look like this is the end of the road for us,"
"this road stretches on for a solid 10 more miles,"
leorio didn't respond.
and just as the pair had given up, a wind picked up, rustling the trees. it brought the smell of beach, sand, dead whale carcass that had probably washed up. they both perked up, glancing around, desperately trying to spy where that breeze had come from. what direction that heavenly draft had hailed from, where was their oasis? the beach paradise they so miserably yearned for.
a glint of the sun hit the windshield of a car, so bright leorio had to shield his eyes with his clammy hand. he looked back to see not one, but a whole parking lot full of car being baked by the deadly laser of a sun. "kurapika! the beach" he pointed out the lot.
kurapika cried from the mix of relief and exhaustion he felt, though he found his throat was too dry to make a sound, and he instead made a rasping noise similar to that of a fish out of water. he turned to see his lover on his knee praying to some entity that he suddenly worshipped, before he had been persistent in claiming to be an atheist. now my dear reader you must understand, this very moment turned this man religious. he was enlightened in this very moment, on the side of this rundown old road that stank of asphalt and was covered in skid marks.
leorio and kurapika crossed the street, nearly tripping on the potholes several times, hand on hand, wide smiles on their faces as they finally reached their goal.
the end.

an// i haven't watched hxh for the longest to so i kind of forget their characters, i just know one is tall and one isn't as tall. anyway once again thanks for reading :)