dinner date

Kurapika and Leorio had decided to meet up for a late dinner as soon as Pika was out of their convention. The mafia boss had to make a mandatory appearance to represent the Nostrode family. This included some idle chit chat, discussions on where to find valuable possessions, and keeping an eye out for unwelcome faces. That wasn't as much of a threat as the large meeting while was bordered by big, serious looking burly men with sunglasses and earpieces.

The kurta hated these conventions. They were too extravagant with women in ball gowns and men in white tuxedos. The room in which they roamed around in was dowsed in a warm light coming from an extremely ornate chandelier hanging from the middle of the gold coated, domed roof. It was a beautiful room, it was the people there who ruined the experiences.

Maybe it was because of his coveted shoulder length blond hair or his fair skin but despite wearing a suit like the rest of the men attending, he would still be hit on by other men assuming he was a woman. He had been groped and called sweetheart too many times to count. Of course he couldn't break out in anger and cause a scene so he had to take deep breaths to calm himself. He hadn't yet grown accustomed to this so it was constantly taking him by surprise. Fortunately the more powerful and important people attending respected him. Because of this he could bear the lousy pervs. Although this came with a price -a price in which those important attendees wanted to converse with him. Kurapika was not an exceptional conversationalist so he tried to stick to his main principle of nodding and smiling politely. That got him through the night ok. Although by the time he was allowed to slip out, around 9pm, he was exhausted.
He slumped down on the cushy chair of a fancy restaurant where he had decided to meet Leorio.

"Fun night?"

Kurapika groaned and banged his hand against the table.

"That's my Pika. Partying hard per usual."

"Haha"

A waiter came by, quickly glancing down at the slumped figure before asking for drinks.

"A martini would be great thank you." Leorio smiled, handing the drink menu to the waiter.

"just a water"

The taller man reached under the table to hold his dates hand which were placed in his lap. He stoked them softly while looking down fondly at the back of Kurapikas head. "This is a fancy place you know. I haven't eaten out in months, let alone in a place this fancy ...and your really being a pain. Your lack of manners are causing people to stare."

Pika picked his head up groggily, still slumped. "Oh so your the polite one now."

"Excuse me! I've always been a polite person." Leorio shot back insulted.

"You can be charming and charismatic at times but your too loud to be considered polite."

Leorio grumbled and crossed his arms, holding his head higher.

Pika sat up completely with a brilliant posture Leorio could only dream of possessing. He rested his forearms on the table and crossed his legs. He took the napkin from the table, delicately placing the cutlery back on the white table cloth beside the plate, and rested the fabric over his lap. "I grew up in a clan that was severed from the rest of society and i still possess more manners than you."

"Yeah yeah ok mr. i work for the mafia and have to negotiate with big scary people"

Kurapika tilted his head gave a sweet smile with his eyes closed. It was as if sparkles appeared at this gesture.

Leorio had to resist the urge to squish his cheeks and kiss him in the nose despite playfully fighting with him.

The waiter came back with a tray and set two beverages down.

Leorio smiled and nodded a thanks before they walked away. "Cheers" he held up his glass.

"To what"

Leorio squinted his eyes and scratched his neck, "er... our relationship?"

Kurapika smiled and held up his glass as well, "to our relationship."

Their glasses clinked and they took a sip of their respective drinks.

Leorio set his glass down and unfolded his menu, his eyes quickly zipping down the rows. "Would you share a breadsticks with me?"

"Is that all you can afford?"

The taller man nodded his head solemnly.

"You really don't think ahead, do you? Taking me out to a place you know you can't afford is a very you thing to do. I'll pay for it. Get whatever you want."

Leorio straightened up and tried to decline saying it was his treat but Kurapika simply waved his hand away knowing his friend was secretly relieved at this notion. The waiter came back around, taking their order of a filet mignon, Parmesan risotto with shrimp, roasted duck, a house salad and mashed potatoes. Kurapikas smiled at Leorios excitement and newfound energy after all that food arrived. After stuffing themselves with all they could they asked for a slice of cheesecake to go along with the rest of their leftovers.

Both were extremely full of the rich food and began to feel drowsy. It was when then when they noticed the check, which came down to total around $200, leaving Leorio in shock.

"Damn. Are you sure you'll be able to pay for that."

Kurapika looked up slyly, "sure I could. But I don't feel like it tonight."

"What are you suggesting...?"

Before Leorio could even question what the kurta had in mind, he was yanked out of his seat and flew after the blond blur. They weren't gonna pay. "Kurapika!! Slow down!!"

Pika did not in fact slow but instead sped up, weaving through the tables with ease. His only goal was reaching the door.

Leorio yelled out multiple, undirected apologies to those whose table he had bumped into, barley struggling to keep up. This caused quite a commotion, garnering the attention of several staff members. There was an outcry as they realized what was happening and they began to chase them.

Kurapika surveyed the room, taking note that a busboy was standing in front of the entrance. Analyzing the situation, he quickly formulated a plan. "Hold on tight!" He yelled back at leorio, tightening his grip on his hand.

"Huh???-"

Kurapika jumped up onto a table occupied by a couple enjoying lobster and as though everything was in slow motion, he took a great leap and soared over the busboy, dragging leorio behind him.

Leorio face was contorted into a look of sheer terror while the kurta was filled with joy. He had never pulled something this daring and it was exhilarating. As soon as they had landed the took of running out the door, a few waiters chasing after. Going on pure adrenaline, Pika shot forward, racing into the loud, starless night. After a few blocks, the two ducked into an alleyway panting. Their silhouettes, bent over and trying to catch their breath, were illuminated by the light of a nearby neon sign of a drug store. Though it must've been anywhere from 10:30 to 11pm, the air was filled with honking and sirens which unsettled Kurapika who was used to quiet after 9. Both were unfamiliar with this situation, however both were ecstatic.

"Holy shit Kurapika!" Leorio laughed with his hands on his knees, "that was reckless!"

The kurta smiled and gasped for breath before plopping down on the ground exhausted.

"Aw get up! I'll hail a cab." The man pushed his lopsided glasses up still chuckling.

The couple walked hand in hand towards the street, both exhausted, their faces hurting from smiling.

A/N: not me projecting my dream relationship onto them. why am i like this. thanks for reading tho