XXIII

aizawa pov

I couldn't sleep. The hair on the back of my neck sent tingles down my spine, my cheek spread chilly goosebumps where L/n breath was. They whispered in my ear.... Oof. I've been laying still for a good few hours, pretending to sleep, finally relaxing when I hear both L/n and Eri's steady breaths.

Sighing, I sat up and rubbed my face, gently caressing my sore eyes. My body is exhausted, but my brain is going haywire. The room was suddenly getting hot, as I rubbed my finger tips together. L/n lips were so soft... I glanced down next to me at L/n's sleeping body.

They don't trust me. I can't even imagine what they are going through right now. I got up quietly and left the room, slipping into my shoes and called Mic.

"whutnnghmpf..." He asked groggily, I can hear him shift around in his bed. "Let's go patrol" I asked, not really in a question but more of a polite demand.

"im asleep bro... it's our night off too, go to bed" He mumbled, yawning mid sentence. I can't sleep.. I need to get my mind off things, but I won't admit that I don't want to be by myself.

"I'll be at the water tower like always, hurry up" I hung up before he could protest, grabbing my capture weapon and a few things I would normally take for patrol. Locking up behind me, I made my way to mine and Mic's spot for meet up.

-

"Well... they're extremely attractive, I can see where you're struggling man" Mic wriggled his eyebrows, nudging my side as we spoke of my thoughts of L/n.

"I'm not struggling with anything... Im just... concerned about them" I dismissed angrily, more about my face that began to feel warmer by the second. "Well.. if you're frustrated man, hook up with Joke! She's been wanting to get in your pants for years"

"Can you be fucking serious for once!!" I threatened him, by swinging my fist towards him, for him to dodge it skillfully. He laughed it off, and sat at the edge of the building we were on, swinging his feet out like a child.

I walked over next to him, crouching as well, gazing down at the quiet empty streets. Mic wasn't completely wrong. I have thought about calling up an old acquaintance, to release pent up frustration. But.. the more I think about it, I don't think that's the answer at all.

"Well... if you don't dig em' that way, can I take them out? I would love to hit the sheets with-"

"Not in your fucking lifetime" I cut him off from finishing that sentence that began to make my blood boil. "What, man??? If you're too chicken to do it, I'll gladly fu-"

I threw my fist at his mouth to stop him from talking, he was about to dodge but wasn't fast enough. And my knuckle skimmed against his lip roughly. "Ow! Ow okay!! Damn man" He apologized, and rubbed his lip with a pout.

I'm not a chicken.. I mentally pouted and jumped down the building towards a blood curdling scream that broke the silence, Mic not far from following me.

Dealing with the night situation that was occurring suddenly, I couldn't help but rethink Mic's words. 'Take em' out'. Should I? But take them out where?

This wouldn't be like a date or anything, I just want to make them feel better. I have this itch like I need them to trust me.

~

Coming back to the school dorms, a bit roughed up from the patrol, I walked in on Y/n in the mini kitchen making something, as Eri was stirring liquids in a glass with a spoon.

"Mr. Aizawa, good morning" Eri acknowledged politely, and continued to stir the glass, the white drink suddenly turning pink. "mornin'" I mumbled back, exhausted. I want to take a shower and go to sleep. Thank goodness its the damn weekend.