III

y/n pov

"They're not back yet" I whimpered, trying not to bite my nails as I rocked back and forth on the bedroom floor, with Jordan on the phone. "It's alright, Y/n. Have you checked their office?" She asks, I can hear her keys jingling in the background, indicating she was getting ready to drive over to my house.

"I called all night, they won't answer! What if they crashed?? They left upset and drunk!" I cried and hugged myself tighter. It's all my fault!!

"Relax, relax! I'm coming over, it's okay. Stay there" Jordan hung up, and I wrapped my arms around myself worriedly. Damn it!

Jordan finally arrived to my house, offering to take me to Amari's work. "They're drunk.. I'm sure they left their phone in the car accidentally" Jordan spoke softly, glancing at my shaking figure a couple of times while driving.

We finally made it to their workplace, and I rushed out of the car before she could even park correctly. "Hey, Y/n!" She gasped, abruptly braking, and watching me run into the building.

Please be in there, Please be in there! I should have checked if their car was in the parking garage, but I don't have time for that! I ran up to the receptionist desk that was in front of his office. Huh? Normally their secretary would be sitting here working to greet visitors.

Amari probably gave them the night off.. They tend to be aggressive and distant when they get drunk. I rushed into his office, my hands clutched to my bag on my shoulder.

"Amari! Amar-.....?" My hands slowly fell from the death grip on the strap of my bag, to my sides. There they were. My significant other of three years, sitting on their desk with their tongue down the secretary's throat.

Amari sluggishly glanced up at me, double taking to see if it was me standing here, and pushed the secretary to the side. "Oof-hey! What gives??" The secretary whined, glancing behind them and seeing me.

I feel... empty? No.. Not empty. I definitely feel something. Betrayed? Hmm. Well this is new.

"Y-Y/N.... this is not what it looks like" Amari began, holding up their hands in attempt to calm me down, my breathing suddenly very heavy.

Jordan ran in up behind me, panting slightly from the run she took to catch up. "Hey..? What's going on?" She questioned, nudging me a bit awkwardly.

"H-Honey, you look so great. I can't help but think how romantic you were at the dinner table tonight" Amari rambled, before I could say anything. Probably knowing if Jordan knows what's going on, she'll personally kick their ass.

"Jordan. Go to the car" I whispered hoarsely. My throat had this painful lump, that I'm sure if I swallowed it away, I would cry. Maybe not cry.. I can feel the tears in my eyes, but there's this other feeling that is overpowering my broken heart.

"But Y/n-"

"Now.. Please."

Jordan hesitantly walked out of the office. Amari wiping the sweat in their brow, blowing a sigh of relief to themself. Hmm.. I'm sure their sober now. Seeing that they can taste some other bitches tonsils!

"Tonight wasn't just any dinner night! Tonight was-"

I didn't even realize I was shouting when Amari cut me off.

"Y/n don't be childish, you know how you manipulate me!" Amari shivered pathetically, holding onto their desk for balance. I shook my head completely baffled. Me?? Manipulative??

"What!!? Manipulate? I-" He shook his head in attempt to shush me, for "scaring him".

"Uhm.. not to bug, but what are you talking about, tonight? And why the hell is Amari calling you 'honey'??" The secretary pondered, holding a hand on their hip defensively.

"Amari, have you been cheating on me with them?? This whole time?? What about-" I rambled, my tail swishing frantically behind me. I feel so.. Livid!

"Of course not, this is about us-" Amari rushed from behind their desk to me. The secretary gasping, as if they were offended. "Amari?!" They screeched.

I slapped Amari's arms away from me as they tried to embrace me. "With the secretary, Amari!?? Really??" My throat began to itch, from the yelling I've been doing.

"Amari, tell me what's going on or I'm leaving" The secretary hissed, fixing their hair that was ruffled up from the make out session.

"No-No-No-No! Y/n was just leaving" Amari chuckled nervously, rushing back to the secretary to prevent them from leaving.

What??

"What?? Excuse me!" I shook my head in disbelief. Is this a fucking nightmare??

"Y/n, or whatever your name is. This is rough.. For you anyway" The secretary tilted their head almost taunting me. But their words were soft as if they were trying to comfort me in a sarcastic way.

"Rough???!" I can feel my face wet from tears, but I was fuming with anger.

"Y/n, let's not overdramatize this, okay? We've been unhappy for months, you know this"

Amari sounds like a different fucking person!! Trying to sound all smart? I don't fucking think so. I gritted my teeth when my eyes landed on their arm wrapped around the secretary's waist protectively.

I nodded my head, huffing out a few breaths. I reached into my bag to grab the present and throw it at him, when a surge of calmness rushed through my body as I touched the velvet box in my bag.

Hmm.. I could return this and get my money back..

I pulled out my hands slowly, closing my bag and keeping my head lowered to the floor.

"If that's what you were hooking up with, I feel sorry for you babe" The secretary scoffed, a face of disgust, leaning into Amari's side. If my heart wasn't shattered before, It sure as hell was now.

"Well so am I" I snapped, glaring at the two.

"I am so very sorry I have ever met you, and I'm sorry I allowed myself to love you for all those years!" I forced myself to stop crying by this point.

"I am sorry I did NOTHING but be there for you, every minute, of every day, and support you inyour EVERY move!!"

I rushed to the double doors that I ran into earlier, giving Amari one last glare. "I'm sorry!" I sarcastically screamed and ran out to Jordan outside. Sobbing like a freak, I rushed to her arms and just left everything I held in for these three years out.

~

"Now Boarding Flight ###" The speaker above dinged, signaling it was my flight that was getting ready to take off.

"Well.. I'll see you in a bit" I smiled softly at Jordan, us both standing up to give one last hug before I board. "Yeah.. Let me know what she's like" Jordan gleefully cheered, handing my passport and everything I needed.

"I will" I nodded and hugged her tightly. "I'll be waiting for you" She smiled and hugged me tighter. "I don't even know how to thank you.." I whispered in her ear.

I am so grateful for Jordan. After my messy breakup with Amari, she let me move in with her. I was just supposed to move in until I found my own apartment, but I had to leave to Japan before I could even start searching.

Although, Jordan is very persistent in wanting to stay roommates, but I guess we'll have to talk about that when I'm back.

"Well, if you really wanna thank me" She giggled sadistically, wriggling her eyebrows at me. "You're so weird" I groaned, pushing her away jokingly.

"Yes, but you love me" She grinned.
"Yes, I do" I agreed and picked up my carry on.

"And I love you.. I'll see you soon, Stay safe!" She cheered, watching me check in with the flight attendant.

"I will" I waved, and boarded the plane. Once I took my seat, I sighed and nervously fiddled with my fingers. I wonder what it'll be like there..

IF YOU KNOW WHERE THE BREAKUP SCENE IS FROM, c'mere and give me besos because I'll love you forever. It is originally from a movie, so plot was not originally mine :)

Sorry it took a while for this chapter. Buried in homework currently.