19. girl's night in

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"I know how we can," El smirks a little at the two girls, now interested. "You have to be quiet though."

Nora and Max nod hurriedly as El gets off her bed and reaches for a black blindfold on her dresser. They watch as she changes the radio to a dead channel, static airing through the room. El then sits on the carpet, legs crossed, the bandana covering her eyes.

Max and Nora sit on the edge of the bed, leaning forward. "Is this really gonna work?" Max asks excited. El just nods in response. "Holy shit, this is insane-"

"Max," El interrupts.

"Yeah, quiet, sorry," Max calms down, but Nora starts bouncing her leg up and down. Is this safe? Yeah, it has to be. Otherwise she wouldn't do it. Obviously. Max puts a hand on Nora's knee to make her relax, and it'd work if Nora's stomach hadn't exploded with butterflies.

Before Nora could spiral again, El speaks up, "I see them."

Nora and Max lean forward even more. "What are they doing?"

"Eating."

"No surprise there," Max rolls her eyes.

"They say we are species," El speaks up again. "Emotion, not logic."

"Who said that?" Max frowns while Nora scrunches her nose.

"Mike," El stays focused and Nora and Max scoff in unison.

After a few minutes El tore the blindfold off her face, eyes wide. "What is it?" Nora falls forward, putting a hand on El's shoulder.

"What happened?" Max goes closer too.

Instead of answering, El just lets out a loud laugh, falling to the ground. Max and Nora just look in confusion before submitting to the laughs too. All the girls stay falling over each other on the floor, ribs hurting from laughing so much.

They hear a car pull up and their laughs immediately slow.

El turns the radio off and wipes the blood from her nose, Max grabs three magazines and straightens the bed, and Nora falls on the ground, stomach first, flipping open all the magazines to random pages for the other girls who fall next to her just as Hopper pushes the door open.

"Hey!"

Oh, he is so drunk.

"Do you knock?!" Max is the first to respond to his surprised face seeing the three girls. "Jeez."

"Yeah, jeez," El imitates Max and Nora has to hold back a smile.

"I'm sorry. . . I, uh, thought that-"

"Mike's not here," Nora interrupts.

"Just us," Max nods.

"Max and Nora wanted a sleepover," El looks to a still surprised Hopper. "Is that. . . okay?"

"Yeah, yeah. Yeah, yeah," Hopper slurs. "Your parents know about it?"

Max nods and Nora smiles politely, "yeah, they do."

"Uh, yeah. . . it's cool. Yeah," Hopper awkwardly stands. "That's- that's really cool."