Man Up

PJ's POV:
There's only so much time until I won't have the chance... I don't wanna lose them... Not another friend...

Are they even a friend? How many times have I said that to myself. I just want to be honest but... What would happen if things went wrong..? I don't know if they could get more sick or- heck- they might even die! I'm scared! Like how the fuck am I supposed to know if they like me back or not?! I don't know anyone that can-

Dad.

I can... I can ask dad if he could talk with Y/N...
I could see if they like me, without telling me, but I would still know..! But where is dad? I can't find him! I didn't see him in his art classroom, I didn't see him in the teacher's lounge, I didn't see him in the office... Where could he be..?

I make my way through the school after hours trying to find where my dad would be. I've checked the library which, I honestly didn't know why he would be there but... Better check just in case. I walk past the cafeteria and head to the end of the hall, still looking inside the rooms. Where does dad go after hours..? I know he cleans up his classroom but then what..?
I continue to walk up until I reach the Gym. Maybe he's in here. I bust through the doors to see my dad and father sitting together while gathering their stuff. "Dad.. I need help." The artistic skeleton of the relationship looked up from whatever he was doing and looked over at me. "Yes PJ? What is it that you need?" I twiddle my fingers and stare in silence for a bit. I've never done this before. "I need to know if this certain person... Likes me..." I mutter the end but surprisingly, both my parents hear. Darn echoey room. "Ooh! You have someone of interest? Well do tell." My father; the gym teacher, looks up from what he was doing and was now interested in the conversation. "Well, I don't know yet but uh... Dad? Could you um... Ask Y/N if they like me..? I know you have no classes tomorrow so um... While me and Y/N are in gym class, you could.. Possibly pull Y/N to the side and ask them about it..?" My dad's eyes light up with excitement as he puts his hands over his mouth as he tries to hide his huge grin that was plastered onto his face. "YES OF COURSE! OMG Error I didn't think our baby boy would actually find someone that he was attracted to!" He turns to me. "I honestly thought you would be a lonesome adult later on in life still living with us in our house but you actually having a love interest?" My dad squeals as I look at him in disgust. Wtf. My father chuckles as he shakes his head. "Don't worry PJ, your dad's only joking. But I think that I could spare Y/N a few minutes. Why exactly though?" I hear the last few words like piercing spears as my face goes empty. "... Y/N... They... They got diagnosed with... The hanahaki disease..." My dad's excitement was short lived as he gasped with sad eyes. "What..? I thought... I thought that was a myth..!" I shake my head as my father comes closer to me and hugs me which... He doesn't do much due to his haphephobia. I hug back slowly as my dad comes in and joins the hug. Rubbing my back before letting go, dad says this "Ok. I'll do it. I know I was joking before but I know I'll do it. For you Jammy." I smile softly at my dad as father steps back and they both smile back.

*Taking a deep breath, you are filled with DETERMINATION.

"It's time I stop standing in the shadows and finally man up!"

Clap clap

I turn around swiftly by surprise of the sudden clapping that I know my parents didn't form, due to the fact they left the gym to get some other items. When I finish turning around I see... "Ashley..?" She finishes her slow clapping before standing correctly after leaning on the doorway. "Well... Good job for you to find out the mystery my dear friend. You finally did it! You figured out a plan and intend on putting it in action by tomorrow! Kudos to you. Truly." "What are you doing here..." She looks up at me with her deep brown eyes and chuckles lowly. "Oh nothing. Just enjoying the show. I mean like, it's not like I can just change the plot or anything haha!" I stare at her in disbelief. "What do you mean 'change the plot'." She covers her mouth with her hand and she gasps. "Whoops! I almost blew the cover! Sorry but, I can't elaborate on the subject! Can't let anyone know about this. Ok?" She smiles creepily at me and... I don't have any other option than to comply. "Great! Now, I'm gonna go home cause... I don't wanna be late for school tomorrow..." What the... Why's she sound so much more relaxed now..? Didn't she just threaten me?? But before I could ask about it, she was already gone, leaving me alone in the gym. I think about it for a few more seconds before going out of the gym, getting my bag, and leaving the school before entering my car. "I wonder what she was talking about..." I ride back to my house, lock the car after getting out, and head towards the door before...

"Ԁȏṅṭ ṭєʟʟ ѧṅʏȏṅє, һєѧя ṃє?" I feel a splitting headache for just a moment before it goes away. "Who was that...". It sounded like Splash but.. Not like Splash... It sounded like someone I don't know but... It sounds like someone I do know at the same time... I hover my hand over the doorknob before gripping it tightly and turning it. "Probably just my imagination."

A/N:
ANGST. Lmao but yeah. Uh... haven't really been on in a while but um... Anyways, today was a bit angsty considering... Well.... Ya know. I honestly wanted the Ashley scene to be Splash but I feel like she doesn't get much attention as she should so... Ye. This may or may not be important to the plot later on. Who knows? Not me! Anyways, hope you guys had a good April fools and Easter. Also, do you like the picture? I drew it myself ^-^