Marauder's Map (part 1)

Start from the beginning

"Listen...Remus isn't feeling very well and his day has been bad so far. He can also be hungry. I heard he missed breakfast." James said, crossing his arms.

"Are you seriously defending him?" I scoffed, "I understand he's your best friend and all, but just because someone isn't having a 'good day', it doesn't give them the excuse to ruin everybody else's."

"You don't understand. Remus is having it rough-"

"How?" I asked sternly. James un-crossed his arms and rubbed the back of his neck.

"I-I can't tell you. It's Remus's secret to tell."

"Secret?" I questioned curiously. His expression dropped realizing what he just said.

"I got to go." James muttered.

"Ja-" I began but James left me in the empty room all by myself.

~~~

'What secret?' I laid in bed and tried my very best to fall asleep but I couldn't. The full moon was bright and it's light shined through the curtains. It's as if each week I had to go one night restless. I was still wondering about Remus and the way he acted infuriated me. 'I'll talk to Regulus about it tomorrow.' I noted to myself and rolled to my side.

I couldn't do this anymore. I got out of bed and walked down the stairs towards the common room. But before I got to the bottom of the stairs, I heard whispers.

"Prongs, are you sure this will work?"

"Yes, Wormtail. Relax."

Curiously, I looked into the common room. I saw the Marauders, but only Remus wasn't there.

"Pads, got the cloak?"

"Got it." I looked closely to see that Sirius, or 'Pads', was holding a cloak. I then looked at Peter, that seemed to be 'Wormtail'. That means 'Prongs' was James. In James's hand, I noticed he was holding something. I focused on what James was holding.

'I've seen that before!' In his hand was a piece of parchment, the same one I saw him holding the most recent time I couldn't sleep.

"Prongs." Sirius whispered, "Where's Moony?"

'Moony must be Remus!' I figured. 'They have nicknames for each other.' I continued to stalk the boys.

"Let me see..." James brought out his wand and quoted, "I'm solemnly swear that I'm up to no good."

He tapped his wand on the paper and ink filled the parchment. The plain parchment was now a map.

'A marauder secret!' My jaw dropped and my eyes widened.

"Looks like he's with Pompfrey." James said, looking at the map. I focused harder.

'Oh my Godric Gryffindor! That map tracks people!' My jaw dropped even more. All sorts of wonders filled my head, 'Does it track me? Does it track everyone? But if it tracks everyone that means...the Marauders can find out about Regulus...'

"They're almost there," James huffed, "we should go."

''There'? What's 'there'?'

"Good idea." Sirius agreed.

"Wormtail, will you do the honor?" James smiled looking at Peter and then at the map.

Peter smiled and cleared his throat, "Mischief managed." He tapped his wand on the map and just like that, the map turned back into a plain piece of parchment. They all smiled at each other. They were planning something, but what?