Chapter 5

The time has finally came. They arrived at the restaurant. Just as they opened the door they saw Cherry inside with Joe.

"It's getting late, i'll get going." Cherry said as he attempted to get up from the chair. Yet he stopped when he saw the two boys entering the place.

"...Or, i can stay and see what this is about."

It was very late so there weren't a lot of people in there. Reki and Langa said hi to Joe and Cherry and sat down at the nearest table.

Joe took their orders with a grin on his face as Cherry watched them.

This is very awkward. Reki thought as Joe was taking his order. Their conversation from earlier made a lot of things clear for Reki but it was still very embarassing.

"So, is this a date or what?"

Wait, is this a date, or no?

Well technically, Langa did tell Reki that he was in love, and even though Reki didn't quite respond, he did like him too.

Langa's whole way of confessing, but also telling him to go date someone else was confusing. Not to mention, he did almost choke when Reki said he wanted 'a special hangout.'

"Yeah, it is a date."

I really hope i don't regret saying that. Reki thought just after the words came out of his mouth.

Langa on the other hand, was red, red as hell. He had so many mixed emotions, he wanted to, laugh, scream, cheer. But for the sake of their -now confirmed- date, he had to play it cool.

"In that case, have fun you two. I'll be here if you need anything." Joe said as he left to go get their food.

Langa and Reki talked about a lot of things, mostly skating, but other than that they also talked about school, movies, mangas; not much about girls, only when Reki brought it up.

Yet none of them said a word as they waited for the food. It was almost like they suddenly forgot to talk. Langa was still very red and Reki was doubting what he said so confidently just a minute ago.

"Seriously, are they just going to sit there like that?" Cherry sighed.

"You can't really expect much from them, they both have been trying to avoid it all day and now they actually have to face it."

"It's just stupid that they're acting like kids."

"Like you're the one to talk, weren't you the one playing hard to get for years?" 

"Shut it asshole."

note: yall im VERY sorry for making you wait pls it wont happen again ༎ຶ‿༎ຶ
hope you enjoyed this chapter!!