Goodbyes and New Paths

Ahsoka crossed her arms thinking about her decision.

"They're asking you back Ahsoka." Anakin paused as he reached into his pocket, he pulled out her Padawan Silka beads. "I'm asking you back."

Ahsoka lowered her head contemplating what to do. She looked over to Lux silently looking for his approval. But he gave no answer, he just looked into her eyes non-verbally telling her that he'd be with her no matter what. Ahsoka looked back over to the Masters and the beads in Anakin's hands. She reached up but hesitated, she closed his hand and looked up at him, her eyes filled with heartache. Anakin's face changed from hope to sadness within a few moments.

"I'm sorry, Master, but I'm not coming back." Ahsoka turned away slowly walking towards the door. She stopped and hugged Padmé, "Thank you, Padmé. For everything. I am forever grateful for all your help. We'll see each other very soon, I promise." Ahsoka whispered in her ear.

"Oh, Ahsoka, you don't need to thank me. You have always been like a little sister to me. I hope to see you soon." Padmé tightened her arms around Ahsoka before letting go. 

Ahsoka looked over to Lux and gave him a brief hug and whispered in his ear, "Meet me outside." Ahsoka let go and slowly walked out of the Council Chamber.

Anakin was still in shock by Ahsoka's decision; he stood there for a moment before running after Ahsoka. Obi-Wan tried to follow but Plo Koon held him back, silently telling him to give them space. Yoda looked down and closed his eyes shaking his head, he knew that they had made a grave mistake and now it had led to a grave loss.

"Ahsoka, wait!" Anakin yelled, running behind her. Ahsoka didn't want to stop and see the pain in her Master's eyes so she shook her head slightly and kept walking. "Ahsoka, I need to talk to you!" Anakin cried. As much as Ahsoka wanted to keep walking and not look back she stopped in her tracks to face Anakin.

"Why are you doing this?" He asked.

"The Council didn't trust me, so how can I trust myself?"

"What about me? I believed in you! I stood by you!"

"I know you believe in me, Anakin and you know I'm grateful for that. But this isn't about you. I can't stay here any longer, not now." Ahsoka said with anguish.

"The Jedi Order is your life. You can't just throw it away like this! Ahsoka you are making a mistake!"

"Maybe, but I have to sort this out on my own, without the Council, and without you." Her last words are almost too hard to say. She lowered her head and turned away.

"I understand. More than you realize. I understand wanting to walk away from the Order."

"I know." Anakin's eyes widened with surprise. Ahsoka looked up at a figure standing at the stairs in the sunset. Anakin looked up and saw him too, he realized that Ahsoka had also left the Order for him, for Lux Bonteri.

Ahsoka began to walk away but she couldn't walk away without one last hug. She turned back and jumped into his arms. Anakin lifted her off the ground holding her close. Tears ran down her face as she mumbled the words, "I love you, Anakin."

Even as Anakin pressed his eyes close, tears still escaped. "I love you, Ahsoka. Always." He set her back down onto the floor pulling away. He looked up at Lux and looked back down to Ahsoka. 

"Go." He whispered. Ahsoka let go of his hand as she walked farther away from her Master, her friend, her brother. 

For Anakin and Ahsoka's bit of dialogue for her reasons for leaving, I didn't change. Because, why fix it if it ain't broke. 

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter!

I will have one more extra chapter for my final author's note. 

may the Force be with you!