"Don't laugh! He wouldn't even let me wash myself off after! I had to walk home looking like an embodiment of rainbow candy."

"You're acting like you don't live right next to me, please." Oliver added.

"Yeah, but there were kids outside, the looks they gave me were equivalent of the looks Mr. Hall gave you every time he'd hand you your test back."

"Okay, there is no need to mention that Balloony looking man."

They continued telling the stories until the clock ticked five in the afternoon. Saying their goodbyes, (Y/N) returned inside the building, back to her apartment and sprawled on the couch.

"Your friends are nice, I'm glad you've got them by your side." Oliver said, words muffled due to his face being buried in the pillow.

"They are amazing. Pretty sure college would be very boring without them around."

"Now that I think about it, you never told me how you became friends."

"It wasn't anything special, the two of them already knew each other before they met me. I just sat next to them at one point and they started talking to me like they knew me for years. It took us an actual week to properly introduce ourselves, for a whole week we never mentioned our names when speaking." (Y/N) giggled recalling the memory.

Oliver snorted, rising from the couch ready to clean up.
"It makes sense something like that would happen with you." he said as he nudged the girl with his leg. "Come on, let's clean up – you're doing the dishes today."

Groaning, the girl got up and started picking up the dishes from the table while Oliver picked up the empty chips bags and moved the chairs back to their place.

After the place was cleaned up, the two sat back on the couch and turned on the TV, seeing the news. Oliver immediately tried to change the program, but (Y/N) stopped him.

"Leave it on, I want to hear."

"...the mysterious murderer that took three lives is believed to no longer roam around the city. This afternoon two bodies were discovered in the river near a village located about 500km away from us. The bodies however, were not in the condition the past three bodies were. The bodies of two middle aged people, Peter Nelson and Sonya Mitchell appeared to only have their kidneys stolen. There were no additional wounds, and the ones placed near the kidneys were sewn up. The police had said that the cause of death was drowning, which arises the suspicions of many, thinking whether or not this is the same person..."

Oliver stared at (Y/N), ready for any type of a reaction. The long silence was painful.

"Well, that certainly was something." (Y/N) trailed off.

"You okay?" the boy asked his friend, uneasiness washing over him.

"Huh? Yeah, I mean, I am going to choose to believe that it's the same person. Maybe the murderer decided to move on from here, considering that the police patrols roam around the city much more. It would be hard to kill anyone with them on your ass."

"Could be. I wonder what's the deal with the murderer taking the damn kidneys all the time. I know they give a lot of money on the black market for those but come on, take a break greedy man."

It was true, the kidney thing was beyond wicked.

(Y/N) suddenly remembered the e-mail she got from Lauren with all the sites she researched on. She knew Oliver would not sleep peacefully if she randomly went to her room.

Giving excuses would be even worse.

Deciding to sit around for a while longer, she took the remote from Oliver and found a show to watch.

It took two hours for Oliver to knock himself out, around nine, which was reasonable, he did spend most of the time cooking and staying on his legs. He must've been tired. (Y/N) covered him with a blanket before retreating to her room. Turning on her lights she opened her laptop and went straight to the e-mail she received.

Skimming through the various links Lauren provided, (Y/N) reminded herself of countless days she'd spend in this room, away from people. She finally understood what Andrew meant when he said she was reserved. There were many things to look through, she couldn't finish everything in one night.

Knowing Oliver, he would probably drag me outside tomorrow after I finish with studying. Not to mention that he would ban me from using my own laptop if he found out I took interest in the murders.

It was almost midnight when she finally turned off her laptop and crawled to her bed. A small portion of links were read, leaving a bigger bunch unchecked.

I'll just stay in the library on Monday for a while, Oliver will think I'm going to study some more. There was no need to rush.