Chapter Twenty

After our night sins, we headed back to the packhouse where everyone was now asleep. And I was needing a well-needed shower. Probably had twigs in my hair at this point. I stood in the steaming hot shower just processing again. Sex was great but I don't think anything tops being with Vince. He was aggressive. The way his hand wrapped around my throat. Or the way he throws me around in the position he wants me in without changing his tone. He had so much anger and when he took it out on me it made things so much better. Or the way he simply bites down on my shoulder. I felt a sharp pain on my shoulder at that second. But when I finally opened my eyes there was Vince right there. Standing in the shower with me and well he was mad as hell. "Tell me why I am always finding another man's scent on you." His hand found the front of my throat as he scratched his K9s on my skin causing me to wince. "Does it piss you off?" I asked him. Suddenly, the water was blocked off as I felt another body pressed against my front side and there was Jack. What in the fuck is happening? "Yeah, it does piss us off." He connected his lips with mine while Vince was kissing on my neck. This doesn't seem normal. They wouldn't do this. I felt myself crying out before I sunk down and started screaming out in complete horror. My body was in immense pain as I continued to crutch down and scream out. Everything went black around me before nothing. Nothing was happening. My eyes started to flutter and I am looking up at Jack now.

I finally had woken up and saw that I was in one of the clubrooms. This is where the other dancers beat me. My head was bleeding. Someone was telling me where I needed to go. I struggled to prop myself up but I did it and had to go get Vincent. I knew the position he was going to be in but there was no time. We had to stop this all I snuck around and was in the same position as what I saw. I opened the door and sure enough, the Goddess was naked on top of him. "Athena." He said. He covered himself standing up. "Come on, we are going." I saw him quickly changing. "What do you think you're doing Athena, you are a slave. Return back to your post." She demanded but I stood my ground. "No! Clary you're weak and you may think I will stand by and allow you to hurt everyone but I will not. Even with them against me. I walked towards the window and shifted before I jumped out and Vincent was right behind me. He will have my back always and that is something I needed to see. We were going to find the Ancient Luna. Right behind us, there were warriors chasing after us. I was injured and weak but I won't let them get the better of me. Vincent stayed close behind me. A warrior had slammed into me knocking the air out of me. Vincent was right there and managed to throw him off giving me a chance to continue running. But we eventually became surrounded. We had no exit. We both knew this isn't going to turn out well. I can't fight and only he can. I lifted my snout to the moon a let out a howl. Vincent for some reason did the same thing. But he continued until his eyes went red. Everyone stopped in their spots as we all saw his eyes go red. Surrounding lights had blinded us but it went by way too fast and here we are just still stunned that his eyes went red.

"ATHENA!" Jack's voice could be heard over the growls and the sound of bones breaking. I looked over and saw him in a vehicle. He instructed me to run over to him but there was Vincent as he slashed and bit. Body parts were flying all over the place and here I was in shock. A pair of arms had thrown me out of my state of mind before I was thrown into a car. "We can't leave him behind, Jack." I tried to exit the vehicle but he held me back. "Vin will be okay, just trust me." I tried more to struggle but my weak self against Jack wouldn't work. I finally settled into the comfortable seat when he began to take off. The adrenaline finally wore off and here I was just crying in pain. I forgot how badly bruised I was. Jack had unbuckled his seat belt which caused my attention. "Come here." I knew what he was asking and even after everything I dreamed of I needed it. I slowly climbed into his lap and laid my head on his shoulder. And silently sobbed while he drove. But slowly I drifted off into sleep.