Chapter Fifteen

2 WEEKS LATER...

I've been in my wolf form for a few weeks now and honestly, I was enjoying it. I just had to clean myself rarely. I hunt for all my food and never have to worry about anyone hurting me. I didn't trust anyone at this point but the nights where I sleep in a tree and don't wake up with my back hurting. If this wasn't the life then I don't why I have done it a long time ago. My thoughts always revert back to the men and my kids but they are better without me as I keep reminding myself. They think they can save me but I am cursed for life. Everything I touch will surely rot to the ground and there is nothing that I can do about it then live my life in solidarity. I always move to a different city each day to try not to disturb anyone else's territory. It was bound to happen and we all know that I can't fight to save a damn life. Or my life. I ended up North of Arkansas. Far from Colorado. Here there were packs and tons of them. Being someone of color and landing here was scary because well this was a racist part. I needed to get out and fast. And as the days went on I was in Georgia. I heard this was a nice place to finally relax. Who would've thought I'd be in Athens. I found a lake nearby and knew it was finally time that I got myself clean. I painfully shifted back to my human form and hopped in the lake. Cleaning myself of all the dirt and blood that was still left in me. I soaked and then floated for a long period of time. Before I go back to my wolf. It's been a long time since I had calmness in my life.

"Do you have a habit of being naked in someone else's land?" A voice knocked me out of my daydreaming. I stood up brushing my hair back. There were a man and a few others standing there. "I am just here for a wash and I will be on my way." I swam over and lifted myself out of the lake and drained my long black hair. "You're not from around here and you don't smell of rouge either." He continued. "Colorado. And I come from a place where packs don't exist anymore. Kind of pissed off the Goddess and now everyone hates me. But it is what it is." He reached for his shirt over his head before he handed it to me. "I am not going to be here long, it's okay." He pushed it forward more which I took and put it over my head as it laid against my body. But it barely covers my ass. "So you're the reason the Goddess abandoned everyone?" The red-head girl had spoken up. "It's a long story honestly but the out-of-context answer would be, yes." They were more welcoming than most packs. "I am Nathan and welcome to the Riveredge Pack. I am the Alpha and this is my Beta Ryan and my Omega Krissy. Why don't you come have a proper shower and a meal before you head out." I looked at him hesitantly because trust was something that was hard to come around. "I feel like this is a trap. You are way too nice to be offering me a shower and a meal for an Alpha." He let out a chuckle. "I don't know how you do things in Colorado, but here we at least try before we off someone. And I think by now you are tired of eating deer." He stepped aside and allowed me to walk ahead of him but I stopped. "I am not a fight so if you attack me you'll kill me. I'd rather walk behind if that is alright with you Alpha?" He smirked again before he and his members began walking. In the opposite direction. If Jack were to hear this I bet you he wouldn't believe me one bit.

We walked for a long period of time before we pulled up to a place full of houses. The air was peaceful but as soon as those saw me everyone had just stopped and stared like I was some prized possession. "You know what, I am so used to people staring that maybe I should go." We all stopped in our places. "You're new and half-naked. These women are probably intimidated by you or they are curious. Now stop finding every excuse to leave and just stay for a little while." I continued to walk with them and they led me into a packhouse where it was crowded and everyone was sitting down to eat. But when they saw me walking behind them everyone suddenly froze. "Yall, this is-" He then noticed he never got my name. "Athena. Athena Sadar. Nice to meet you." They all continued to stare which made things uncomfortable. A hand had nudged me forward and Krissy had started making me a plate that she handed to me. My mouth was watering and here I was looking like I was about to go rabid on it. "Athena Sadar. It's you." That voice was beyond the familiar.