21. Hearts Unionize

When you play a game, you aim to win. You crave the satisfaction of looking into your opponent's eyes and seeing the jealousy and regret written in them. Your goal is to be number one.

As a kid, I was never the sore loser. In fact, I was happy with first or last place, you got a ribbon either way so it didn't matter to me.

But now I've grown up and I'm playing the game of life, where you don't always win. You can't always be first even if it's your own game. And in this meaningful game, jealousy consumes me.

I feel like I'm stuck in second place.

This is the second time Nate walked away from me. I wish things were different. I want an explanation, I deserve one. But I don't know what to expect and I fear rejection.

There's the constant battle between my head and my heart. One says hear him out, maybe he has a good reason. While the other says you're better than this.

Maybe I just want to feel important to someone. I forgot what it felt like to have a purpose and meaning in someone else's life.

My mind swam through a pool of self pity as I carried Brad's flowers out of my office then closed the door behind me. I threw them in the garbage behind the building because I didn't want them near me. Out of sight out of mind, right?

Back down the hallway, I found my office door was opened. Fuck, I can't do this again, I thought as I was thinking back to Brad in my apartment.

But this time I was greeted with the face I wish I saw next to me in bed this morning. Nate was wearing a white dress shirt with the top buttons undone, just how I like it. He sat on the couch with his feet up as he looked to be deep in thought.

"What are you doing here?" I asked in a harsh tone that I didn't mean.

"I brought you breakfast," he pointed to the Starbucks bag and coffee on my desk. "I would have made you something but I didn't want a repeat of dinner," he said with a toothy grin.

"So that's where you went this morning?" I asked, feeling somewhat relieved.

"Yes," he said as he took a pack of cigarettes out of his pocket then dug through the rest of his other pockets. "Shit do you have a lighter," he mumbled with a cigarette between his lips.

"Seriously? You shouldn't be doing that in here," I rummaged through the drawers of my desk finding my hidden stash of poison treasures which consists of a bottle of scotch, a couple of stale cigarettes, and of course a lighter.

I walked over to where he was sitting and pushed his legs off then dusted off the black leather of the couch.

"You're one interesting woman."

"Why's that?" I asked intrigued as I lit his cigarette.

He took his time to answer as he blew out the first puff of smoke, fogging my memory taking me back to when we first met. "You're complaining about me smoking in here but you've obviously done it before," he said, smirking.

"Yeah well I'm allowed to."

"And I'm not," he stated as a fact then leaned closer to me and asked huskily with hooded lust filled eyes "so what are you gonna do about it?"

Maybe it was because I was happy to see that he chose me over everything else or it was because he was just here with me but I yearned for him. I twisted the bud of the cigarette on the table after I took it from his mouth then crashed my lips onto his as the whole world melted away.

The kiss was sweet at first but I needed more. His affection was better than any drug I've ever had. It overpowers me and puts me on the highest of highs.

I dug my teeth into his bottom lip and pushed my tongue in to explore as I took advantage of his parted lips. My desires took over, I straddled him as I swayed my hips creating friction which I so desperately needed to release.

His hands travelled from my ass to under my sweater playing with my breasts through my bra, teasing me. I threw my head back as I grinded against his erection.

I took my sweater off in a rush and Nate started to kiss and suck along my exposed skin.

"Fuck," I breathed out. "Do you have a condom?"

"Do you really want to do this now?" He asked as he pulled back slightly.

"Are you really complaining? I think we've waited long enough," I said smiling as I began kissing his neck.

"But in here?" He said through unsteady breaths as he looked towards the door.

"Are you scared?" I asked teasingly in his ear.

He didn't answer, he just flipped me over. My skin burned from Nate's touch while my bare back hit the cool leather. I reached up to take his shirt off then started to undo his belt as his hot breath hit my skin.

I took off my pants with Nate's help then I laid there as he backed away to take in all of me.

"I like these," he whispered in my ear as he ran his fingers along the front of my lace thong, touching my swollen clit and feeling how wet I am. He's going to make me beg for it.

I was lost in his blue eyes as he pulled the rest of my lingerie off then reached in his back pocket to get a condom from his wallet after he took everything off.

So he has condoms but no lighter.

Nate was on top of me, completely naked. The sight of him turned me on even more. There were more tattoos than I've seen before. I traced over a few with my finger tips, trying to memorize what perfection is. My eyes moved their way down his flawlessly sculpted body to his hard member. I knew he was big from the bulge I've felt but seeing it now made me bite my lip in anticipation.

He ripped the condom wrapper with his teeth as he watched me. Then rolled it onto his shaft.

My breathing was erratic as he positioned himself at my entrance. My hands held onto his back and my nails dug in as he slowly pushed deeper and deeper until his chest rested on mine.

I've never felt anything better. This is the closest we've been physically and mentally.

His thrusts turned from gentle to rough but I was not complaining.

"Fuck you're so tight," he breathed in my ear.

He kissed along my neck and my breasts as he continued his fast pace putting my mind in a daze. Nate gripped my ass trying to quicken the pace.

I wrapped my legs around him as my ankles pushed into his lower back in an attempt to bring him impossibly closer as he muffled his groan into my neck.

I was so close and I just needed a release. The pressure began to build in the pit of my stomach. Nate started to rub my clit and I slowly became undone, an orgasam rippled through me. I clenched around him as I moaned and praised his name.

Soon after, Nate reached his point of fulfillment and we were both a panting mess. He rested his forehead against mine relishing the moment. Then he laid next to me on the small couch while we slowly came down from our high.

"Why did we wait so long?" He asked through uneven breaths as he pushed a few stray hairs out of my face.

I cannot believe we just did that in here of all places. But you know what they say, you only live once so fuck it.

———————————
Happy Easter 🐣 everyone!
I hope you enjoyed this chapter!