Bruce Banner: Dad Edition

Bruce Banner: Why Not?  

Status: Dad-Daughter/Stalker-Stalkee

Summary: You've been stalking Bruce and he has an idea of what to do

How interesting, this is your second trip to the grocery mart today, how unlike you, Mister Banner. I smirk as I think to myself, pulling on the ends of my hood, hoping it wouldn't give me away. 

Following him around the mart, I notice how he aimlessly walks around, grabbing items to fit his vegan diet, however, I know somethings wrong. He just picked up turkey lunch meat, he would never eat that and he doesn't have anyone living with him. 

Shit, maybe he knows. I turn around and start to head out of the store, holding onto the fabric of the innards of my sweatshirt. "Shit." I mutter as I hear footsteps approaching me from behind, I got caught. 

First time for everything, right? "Excuse me?" I hear his voice call out even though he's right behind me. I turn around with an innocent and sweet smile on my lips. "Can I help you?" I ask with a little head shake.

"I was wondering the same thing. You keep following me, that's a criminal offense and I could have you arrested. But I won't." he says in his slightly strained voice. I nod, "Have any proof?" I raise my left eyebrow. "Well...no, but I've seen you follow me for the past three weeks and it's getting weird. Is there something you need? Do you need help, you could have just asked me-" 

"I don't need help...okay maybe that was a lie, but still. I'm just getting information, and why would you want to help someone who's been committing a criminal offense for three weeks?" I question and he sighs while folding his arms. "Got nothing else to do, I'm sure you know that." he scoffs. 

"I could easily kill you." he smiles, "No you can't. You're just a part of a small gang of want to be villains. You're not the only one that can get information you know." shit, he's outwitted me. "Why would you-" "Listen, we can stand here all day and go back in forth, but I know for a fact that you haven't eaten in almost four days and probably haven't slept either because that gang you're in abuses you everyday. Now we can either keep going back and forth, or you can come home with me to get something to eat and somewhere to sleep." he stares into my eyes. 

"Wow, so demanding like a dad. You going to be my dad now? Clean me up off the streets and force me to eat your horrible vegan diet? You know there's a thing called Chinese food and chicken and fries? It's so good." I say, trying to throw him off of wanting to help me. 

"I'll buy you whatever, just let me help you. The internet's a crazy thing you know, everything is on there." he hints, my heart starts to race. "Fine." I give in and put my hood down, revealing my hair and full features, he soft nod is earned and he walks me to his car. 

On the drive to his house he stopped and grabbed me something from Burger King, I was too excited and curious about his car, it's really nice. When we got back to his house he let me eat in the kitchen with him and gave me his bed for the night.

"Why are you being so nice to me?" he sighs as he was about to leave the room for the night. "I have no one or anything left, if I can help you get away from that abusive...whatever type of home you call it, then maybe I'm still doing my job. Saving people." he sighs as he looks up to meet my gaze. 

"Such a dad answer." I giggle out, feeling the beds covers underneath my warming fingers. "Might as well be, taking you in won't be easy for either of us with that want to be gang of yours, but I won't let you get hurt anymore. So, if protecting you is like being a dad, then...think of me as one, will you?" he chuckles out as he turns back towards the door, ready to head out onto the couch. 

"Thank you." I whisper, but make sure it's loud enough for him to hear, a smile and a chuckle leaves him as he closes the door, silencing the room in a constant state of content.