Steve Rogers x Reader: Big Brother

Steve: The Programme

Status: Fluff-Big Brother Figure

Summary: Steve signed up for a big brother programme that allows people to be parental or sibling figures in kids lives who either need it or want it. You're given Steve as your big brother and even though he's a bit awkward at it, he tries to make you feel better about being different than other people. (You're about seventeen turning eighteen soon by the way!)

Steve's POV

"Are you sure you want to do this? You could be putting them in danger." Sam tried to confirm as I looked down at the Big Brother Programme forms. "Of course I do. I already made an impact on America, but I never got to do it personally. I never had brothers or sisters, so if I can just help someone who needs it, then...I don't know. I want to do it, though, I know that much." I respond, a soft smile indented on my pale skin.

I finished signing the forms that the woman at the front desk had given me and unclipped it from the clipboard that they loaned me for the meantime. She smiled at me which was clearly a I hate my job and want to leave already smile.

I smiled back and felt a little weird, like someone is watching me. "Okie dokie, so, we'll get back to you within five to ten business days about your application along with your schedule. Of course we know that with you being, well, you, that it can change. So most likely if you get accepted, you'll be placed with an older teen who is okay to the schedule changes."

I nodded along with each sentence she managed to slice through, the feeling of being watched not leaving, I'm pretty sure Sam could tell how tense I became because he cleated his throat after the lady finished and we went to turn.

"Being watched, I see." Sam nods to our left after turning with his head. I slowly move my eyes to our left to see a young woman staring at us with her phone in her hands, she quickly tried to make it seem like she wasn't watching us at all.

A small chuckle escaped Sam and I's mouths as we thought he was just interested in our looks.

(Time Skip-Two Weeks Later)

Y/N'S POV

"Y/N, we got something for you." Jessica smiles at me, I always found it easier to talk to the receptionist than the administers. "What ya got, Jessie?" I ask, bobbing in my rolley chair, trying my best not to fall off.

"Got you a Big Brother." she beams like a ray of sunshine. "Shouldn't I have a sister? Seeing's how I'm a girl?" I question, flipping through the accepted application. "You know that people get upset over that thing now, well at least the McCoy's did." she moves her eyebrows up in a fashion to show how horrible they were.

"What's up with the Brother of mine?" I question, leaning over the desk, trying to steal a candy from the visitors bowl. Jessie slaps my hand and I yelp. "Your bowl is over there," she points to the phones, "that's the visitors bowl." "Aww! But this bowl is so much better." I whine.

"It's the same candy." she laughs. "But the bowl is prettier, everyone knows, if it looks pretty, it'll be better." I state. "I have a feeling that's not just about the bowl, now is it, Dear?" she questions, her Harry Potter style glasses tip a little over.

"To each their own, you know." I smile a little. "Trust me, you're going to like this guy. His name's Steve." she smirks. "Steve's an asshole name. It's always Steve, Mike, and so on." she snorts, "This one isn't, I can assure that." she smiles while taking in a deep breath.