Steve Rogers x Reader: Camels

Steve Rogers: Unexpected

Status: Fluff

Summary: After three hours on Instagram and seeing almost dozens of couples posts, you complain. Luckily, Cap is always there to say the unexpected.

"I'm so sick of all this lovey dovey crap." I huff out as I shut my phone off, placing it next to my clothed thigh.

"What's wrong this time?" I hear Tony ask as he and Bruce came into the living room of the compound.

"I'm just so over all this love stuff, like there's arranged marriages and no one would even sell three camels for me." I huff out once more while grabbing the nearest blanket and wrap it around myself.

Comfy sad burrito time. A good time, for a sad time. "Well, have you ever thought that maybe it's because they don't have enough camels and are waiting to get them for you?" Bruce asks as I hear Steve make his way in, his footsteps are recognizable.

Quick and heavy, but not forceful. "Why wouldn't they tell me about the camels then?" I ask as I get up, still wrapped in my burrito state.

"Who's selling camels?" Steve asks as he puts his phone in his back pocket, he's finally getting used to technology.

"No one, literally." Tony says in his iconic sassy tone, I give my best death glare at him as he raises his hands up in surrender.

"No one is trading camels for her hand in marriage, three to be exact." Bruce sums up for the super soldier. I see a smile make it's way into Steve's lips, a cute smile that makes my insides churn rather wonderfully.

"Well, I don't know about camels, but if I had any, I'd trade six for you, nothing less." his smile ring out along his words, it formed around each syllable.

"Where the hell are you getting six camels?" Bruce asked and Tony just stared at them like they're both idiots.

"Are we going to skip the fact that Capsicle just said he'd give six camels just to marry y/n?" Tony asked like it was the biggest and most important question on earth.

Steve just stared at me like he just got caught with candy he wasn't supposed to have. "Steve?" I asked with a smile on my face, my eyebrows raised.

"Well, why not? Why can't I give you six camels?" "Marriage, Steve. You...you like Peggy, silly." I smile as I drop the blanket and leave it on the stool.

"Who says I can't like someone else?" Steve questions, crossing his arms. We all stood and stared wide eyed at the man, a proud smile on his lips.

"Six camels." I state and he nods, "Do six kittens work? It's easier to get them from the shelter or PetSmart." his flirtatious smile erupting even more, making my subsides slosh around.

"Hell yeah they do." he smiled as winked, with that, he left the room. His cheers and self hyping could be heard almost crystal clear.