Age 10

"You bitch! You don't care about this family do you?" André Bourgeis was done with his wife treating this family like garbage. Chloé heard everything as she got woken up from their screams.

"You think I don't? I do! But they requested me in New York." Audrey said calmly. "I bought a plane ticket to New York as I got requested to work there. I'll leave in the morning."
She paused for a few seconds.  "I do care André, but if I'm requested, I'm requested. I can't just turn it down."

"What about Chloe?"

"Who?"

"You're daughter!"

"Ugh, she'll be fine. You'll be here with her, right." She walked away as the mayor of Paris tried to stop her.

_______

Chloe woke up from her really long nap and decided to go downstairs, only finding out that her mom actually left. She heard someone crying. Crying in the kitchen. It was a big low voice. daddy. Chloe opened the door to find her dad - a grown up man - on the floor in a ball crying holding what seemed like a letter. He saw Chloe and gave her the letter. 

I went to New York like I said yesterday. They needed me. Chloe, it's not you're fault, nor is it your father's fault. I don't know when i'll be back. 

It wasn't my fault? But what if it is. What if she hates me. Maybe she never wanted to me in the first place. so many thoughts surrounded Chloe. She was hurt and her mothr didn't even said goodbye. She was a burden. She then knew, that if she hurt someone, she wouldn't care. Cause why would she care if no one cared for her.