Age 5

Chloe ran to her mother and showed a drawing she drew of her. "Look mommy, I drew us."

"I'm busy Claudine." Audrey Bourgeois said not looking up from the paper. Chloe looked sad. 

That's not even my name. She looked sad and stared at her mother not looking up from her work. 

She doesn't have time now. She never has time. Chloe walked away sad. Tears decided to slip from her cheeks on her pink dress. She walked up in her room and crashing on her bed sad. 

She never has time for us. Jean- whatever his name is walked up to her with a plushen bear and gave it to Chloe.

"Does miss want mister Cudly?" he shoved her the bear in her face. Chloe smiled. She smiled knowing someone actually cared for her. After a while she went to sleep as Jean-Marc tucked her in bed. 

_____

Chloe woke up knowing damn well it was her birthday. She ran downstairs but there were no gifts. No cake. No guests. No one. Empty. Empty reception. People walking everywhere shoving her on the floor. She turned 5 and no one had planned anything for her. Her father was mostly in city hall and her mother forgot her daughter existed. She had no one. She was alone. Utterly alone. No one from the staff members remembered Chloe's birthday either. It was like she didn't existed. She looked around hoping at least one person would say the 2 words Chloe hoped for. 

She was alone. Utterly alone. She hoped this wouldn't be her life. She wanted a happy family. She was 5 for goodness sake. And a 5 year old deserves happines. Right?