v. Apex Predator

FIVE APEX PREDATOR

FIVE APEX PREDATOR

     Kleo wasn't lying when she said she would have Evie fix Jane's dress

     Kleo wasn't lying when she said she would have Evie fix Jane's dress. It's the decent thing to do after she freaked out yesterday. Besides, it was better than listening to Jane whine about how angry Fairy Godmother was going to be when she found out. And Kleo needed to convince people that she can be good and won't give them any ideas of what she's truly after.

     "Here you go, Jane," said Kleo the next day, walking into her room, after picking up the dress from Evie. She laid the newly torn free dress onto Jane's bed.

     After securing the sparkling baby blue clip in her hair, Jane turns around from the floor length mirror. Kleo watches as Jane happily surveys her dress. She traces over the place where the tear used to be. "It's like it never happened," said Jane in awe. She squealed, "Oh, thank you, Kleo!" And then she did something Kleo didn't expect: Jane hugged her. It was tight and genuine and gave Kleo a very weird feeling in the pit of her stomach. Jane pulled away abruptly, her smile fell, and Kleo could smell the rising fear in Jane. "I'm s-s-sorry, Kleo," Ew. It was back. Jane's stutter. "I shouldn't have done that. I was just so happy I forgot that you―I―and―please, don't hurt me! Oh no, oh no, oh no!"

     Kleo ignores the weird ache in her chest and acts as if what Jane did didn't bother her. She shakes her head and plasters a smile on her face. "It's fine, Jane." She walks over to the door and looks over her shoulder at Jane. "If you need me, I'll be with the gang." And then she closed the door behind her.

     Kleo did her best to forget Jane's friendly gesture. But it was very hard to. She hadn't been hugged like that since she was cub by her parents, or when she was dating Gil. She never liked how they made her feel. It was always a twisted and unfamiliar feeling that made Kleo want to vomit it all up. Whatever the feeling is, she hopes it will stop resurfacing.

     Kleo found herself on autopilot the rest of the day. It was the only way to endure the pain of Auradon's pathetic school system. She's knocked out of her deep thoughts when Jay gleefully strutted into Mal and Evie's room. He was sporting the number eight on his new Tourney jersey over his tank top. His hair was down, and he was glowing with pride. Jay flexed in his new clothes. "How do I look guys?"