iv. Killer Instinct

FOUR KILLER INSTINCT

     With each passing day she spent in Auradon, Kleo could feel her sanity slowly drifting away

With each passing day she spent in Auradon, Kleo could feel her sanity slowly drifting away. (It's only day three of her new school, and day four of being in Auradon.) Kleo understood the importance of suffering through a society that looks down on you for just how you look. Her father knows that feeling very well. And now she does firsthand. She and her friends stick out like sore thumbs. Clad in leather, dirty combat boots clambering down pristine linoleum hallways, hunched, or slouched at tables with bad manners, making rude, but honest, comments about things they don't like. Kleo would rather be like this than play pretend.

But there did seem to be a highlight through her short time at Auradon Prep. Not including tormenting her new classmates with petty bullying, but that her father's plan for her was going swimmingly. Kleo was paid a visit from her favorite princess on a "bathroom break" that morning.

Having kicked one of her classmates out his seat in class, and then proceeded to steal his fruit cup, Kleo listened to her teacher's lame lecture in great disinterest. The history of magic was sure a boring subject to undergo. She doesn't understand how any of these losers can sit through it.

Not being able to take any more of it, Kleo abruptly gets up from her desk and snatches the bathroom pass without a word. She first aimlessly wanders the halls, peeking into classrooms to see if she can find her other friends, but they're most likely on the other side of school. She'd have better luck in spotting Carlos or Jane because they were sophomores like her while Mal, Evie, and Jay were juniors.

Kleo finally did go to the bathroom though. Having inhaled two and a half plates of breakfast that morning, (she and Jay had a contest of who could eat the most spinach cream puffs prepared by Chef Kronk, as Carlos cheered them on, while Mal and Evie displayed their disgust with their three best friends), she was sure feeling the effects begging for release.

Once she was finished, and washing her hands, the restroom door swung open and close. Kleo half expected a fidgeting freshman (or Jane) to walk in, see her, fear apparent on their face, and run into a stall to hide. But when she looked up in the reflection of the mirror, she saw Audrey.