Chapter 8

North's P.O.V.

        After I left Sang to get changed, I had Luke take her car home and then I had a little talk with Jade. I even gave her my number just incase she found out who did this.

      And then I took her to the hospital. I almost called Sean, but she preferred a female doctor.

She decided to get a Rape kit. She said that one day, she could change her mind about pressing charges, so they should go ahead and collect any evidence they can.

We spend hours in hospital. Blood tests, urine samples, they combed through her hair for a possible DNA sample, and I had to leave the room so they could photograph her injuries. The whole process includes much more and it's fucking awful to watch, so I can't imagine how she feels about it.

At some point, I expect her to burst into tears but she just stares blankly at the walls. The Doctor informs her that GHB was found in her blood tests, so somebody must have slipped it to her last night.

         She leaves the hospital with a morning after pill and medicine that will help prevent STD's. I end up taking her home with me. She didn't want to be alone and in all honesty, I don't want to leave her alone either.

Thankfully, nobody is home when we arrive. I don't want her feeling uncomfortable.

I take her up to my room, before giving her some clothes and she goes to take a shower.

     And that's when I get the text from Jade. A name and an address.

      I leave a note for Sang, just incase she gets out of the shower while I'm gone. I was going to talk to the guys about her staying here, but I'll do it when I get back. I don't want anybody trying to talk me out of this.

     I get in my Jeep and follow my GPS to the piece of shit's house. After pounding on his front door, I assume it's him who answers.

       "Are you Hunter?," I ask.

         "Yeah, why?"

         I don't answer him. I only draw my arm back and punch the fucker in the face. Since he isn't expecting it, he falls back on the ground.

      He scrambles back, trying to get away from me. "Jesus. What the fuck was that for?"

        I grab the collar of his shirt, making sure he can't get away. I don't say anything. I just repeatedly punch him until the skin on my knuckles split open and his face is a bloody mess.

I assume I broke a tooth or something, because he spits blood in my face.

         I wrap my hands around his throat and squeeze until he's writhing beneath me and gasping for air. Images of Sang's neck flash in my mind.

      "You did this last night, right?," I ask, "She was already unconscious and you choked her?"

       "Is that what this is about?," he wheezes. "That frigid bitch from last night?"

       I don't want to kill the guy, but he's tempting me right now.

     "Not the frigid bitch," I grunt, "The girl you drugged so you could take advantage of her."

       He doesn't respond. I assume from the lack of oxygen, so I finally release him. He coughs repeatedly before shaking his head. "She just needed to loosen up a little bit."

       It takes everything in me not to beat on him anymore. His face is fucked up pretty bad, and I thought that would make the rage inside of me diminish even just a little, but it doesn't.

But if I continue, I don't think I'll be able to stop myself again. So I stand up and go to leave, but before I do, he laughs. "You're so fucking stupid. I'm just going to call the cops."

I can't tell if he's bluffing or not, but I really don't care.

"Go ahead," I shrug, "The name's North Taylor so they know who to look for."

And then I leave, just as angry as before. When I get home, I go to Silas's room first. He isn't home, but I just use his bathroom so I can get the blood off my hands. However, there is nothing I can do for my fucked up knuckles.

When I'm done, I go to my room and knock gently on the door. I don't hear hear a response, so I open the door and see Sang just laying there.

       "Hey," I say quietly. "Are you hungry?"

       "I don't think I can stomach anything right now," she says.

       "We have cereal," I offer. "I'll even bring it up here so you don't have to leave the room."

        I remember from help cleaning her apartment that cereal is pretty much the only thing she eats, which I fucking hate. But, she likes it and for now I'm not going to be a dick about what she chooses to eat.

       She finally looks at me. "I'll try some cereal."

       I go and get it for her. When I hand it to her, she stares at my knuckles. "What the hell did you do?"

    "Nothing," I shrug.

     She takes a bite of her cereal and swallows before saying, "Okay, well we were just in the hospital together for several hours and I know for a fact that your knuckles weren't like that then."

        "Jade found the guy from last night, so I paid him a visit," I tell her.

        She doesn't say anything in response to that, she just continues eating her cereal. "How are you feeling?"

       "Like shit," she says, "But I don't want to talk or think about it right now."

       She doesn't talk much after that. When she's done with her cereal, I take the bowl downstairs and let her rest.

         I'm still so pissed, so I go work on my Jeep until everybody gets home.

        When they do, we gather in the living room.

"What happened this morning?," Axel asks.

"I woke up and Sang had left this voicemail that made me think she was going to do something to herself. With Luke and Victor's help, I was able to find her at her friend's house. Somebody had drugged her and raped her."

        Nobody knew the full story, I just told them bits and pieces, so they all look angry at the revelation.

      "Is she going to press charges?," Owen asks.

       I shake my head. I remember she said she wouldn't be the victim in a trial again and I assume it's why she told me to google her that night on the beach. I didn't. I want her to tell me, when she's ready.

       Raven grumbles something in Russian.

       "I assume you took things into your own hands?," Owen asks while looking at my knuckles.

      "I did."

       "Normally I wouldn't condone violence, but it seems this was well deserved," he replies and the others nod in agreement.

       I didn't want to tell them all of this, but Sang will probably be spending more time here from now, so they need to be aware that she might be extra cautious of them.

       "I told Sang she is welcome to stay here as long as she wants," I tell them. "Just don't be complete dicks to her, alright?" I make a point of saying that to Axel, considering he was the one to ask her to leave.

      "I'll apologize," Axel says, looking sincere. We'll see.

"We all will," Owen nods.

          I nod. I just want her to feel safe here. And I don't want to feel the way I did last night again.

        I already felt that way once before, I refuse to let Sang go down that same path.