"If I study outside the country, am not going to study law they want me to study, am interested in language, linguistics... You know learning the languages of different countries " he chuckled.

"They are going to have an heart attack"

"Oh please... They are going to get over it" I waved it off.

"Uhmmm.. You know? I don't want us to be apart, like.. After graduation and we go our different ways_"

"Anything can happen Shubbie"

"Yes anything can happen but I don't want anything bad happening" he pushed on.

"We still have a long way to go, I want to go for my masters then travel the worllllldddd... "

"Are you trying to scare me?"

"Nope, am telling you so that you will know what you are getting yourself into" I stated the fact

"Am not scared o, I will wait"

I sigh, of course he will.

"When we get to that bridge, we will cross it, okay?"

                      📚📝💭

Coming out of the exam hall, I walked with head raised high knowing fully well I have conquered the mortal enemy called 'Mathematics'. In fact I murdered it!

I slip off my blazer slinging it over my shoulder as I do a little twirl, doing a bit of power walk.

It's so good and refreshing to know that I will be leaving the secondary school life behind in a few months from now.

I ran up to my friends with a big smile on my face as we all head to the school shop to get something to eat, we need to refresh our brain and rebuild our strength.

"So, this thing you call social week, what is it all about?" I asked Adeola taking a little scoop from the ice cream I bought.

"Now that you ask... This year social week is going to be huge, we have a lot of programmes coming up, am so excited!"

"Gist us na" Tomi cooed.

"Like you all know social week is a big week for all students, during that week, the events are hosted before graduation"

"I don't know, care to explain?" I ask the two girls.

"This is it. We have 'Hossana Praise' which is always held on a Sunday, we the graduating students gather together with teachers and other students to thank and praise God for seeing us through these six years" Adeola said.

Tomi continued.

"The Monday that follows is the valedictory service, parents are also present in this service. That day marks the last day you will wear your school uniform" Tomi chimed.

"The big thing about this year's social week is that we will be having our very own 'traditional day' and 'dinner nite'! " Adeola exclaimed in happiness as Tomi gasped.

"No way.. You are lying" she doubted

"Am serious!"

"Oh my God! Are you for real?!" Tomi asked looking shock while Adeola nodded "I thought it was canceled"

"We decide to bring it back" Adeola smirked "we are not just elite for nothing"

"What is going on? Am in the dark here" I spoke looking up from my melting ice cream.

"Traditional day and dinner nite is a long aged tradition in SJC that died long time ago but we are bringing it back to life"

"Oh yeah!" Tomi celebrated.

"Traditional day is a day you get to show case your culture, every student puts on their traditional attire, telling a story about your culture and traditions. A photographer will be present to take pictures which of course would be used for the yearbook"

"Wow... That sounds interesting" I marvel at Adeola's words.

"The diner nite is much bigger, cause it's dinner night stroke award nite. Awards for coolest senior, most beautiful and most handsome. King and Queen of SJC, most intelligent, most artistic_" she lists off before I cut her short.

"Will there be food?"

"Teni!" Tomi snaps at me angrily.

Adeola only laughed.

"What?! I just want to know if we will be well taken care of" I defended.

"Yes sweetheart, there will be a lot of food, drinks and small chops, there will be red carpet to take pictures which of course will be in the year book. There will be dance"

"Alright then" already satisfied with the food part.

"But the most important part of your night is a date. You must have a date"

A date?

Just great.

This book is slowly coming to end 🔔 🔔 🔔

Am working on a new project which will be the second book (not a sequel) to this book.

Am sure your all going to love it.

P. S: reading this book yesterday and am so proud of myself. And am so proud of you guys for supporting this book. Much love ❤️ ❤️