Her a forced grin, and that broke her into a smile.

"Okay, but where's your phone? I've been calling you quite a lot this week, but jumps straight to voice mail."

I swallowed down the gigantic lump that slowly form as she spoke that sentence, this was the question I'd been avoiding all week.

Now, tell me, how on earth do you explain Devonte Williams to anyone? You just can't. So now I had to lie to my mum, just because if that prick.

"It got stolen mum, in P.E" My eyes darted around quickly as the lie  rolled of my tongue. "Someone managed to sneak into the changing rooms while we were on court." I added a casual shrug to place the icing onto the cake.

"But that was a knew phone?" She moand.

I sighed and waited for her to dismiss me. But she wanted something now.

"Oh, and err, could you get dressed and run down to the grocers for me?" She pushed out her bottom lip in plead and sent me a wide grin.

"Mum I have revision to do." I said, peeling at a bit of loose plastering on the side of the staircase.

"Thought you said you'd just got back from the library?" she looked towards me with a sly smirk on her face.

I decided to shut my mouth before it lead me to more questioning, and did I was told.

I paced up the stairs and into my room where I changed onto a plain Nike top and shoved my legs into a pair of leggings, before placing my feet into my black boots. Yes, I know my swag aint really slaying. But it's only the corner shop. And its not as if I really give much of damn about my looks anyway.

Well, I'm glad I've pushed the phone matter out of mums head. I hope so any ways, because I really can't be bothered with all that hassle at a time like this.

Immediately I stepped outside of the warm and cosy building, the first thing that hit me in the face was the cold spring breeze which ran through my loose curls, blowing them about all over my face.

I plugged in my earphones to block out my surroundings, but not completely of course. Not when I live on a road like Clifford Avenue. You never know who's out causing trouble at times like this.

Kumar's Supermarket was only around the corner to my house, but the journey felt almost never ending. I guess it was just the anxiety of having to walk past the same group of boys as earlier this week too.

The nearer I got, the more nervous I became. But luckily for me, they were all too busy laughing at whatever to even notice me pass by, so that was a huge bonus to my worries.

I entered the shop, with the door bell ringing behind me to announce my arrival. I walked down a couple of aisle, found what mum wanted and took it to the checkout.

"Hey Mr Kumar." I smiled at the old Asian man behind the counter who I knew very well.

He sent back a cheesy grin whist placing the things into a blue carrier bag.

"Hey, Malorie, You okay?" He asked

"Fine thanks, how are the twins?" I said, implying at his children.