51

"We can hear the jumping from downstairs." I jump off and join him outside the room. We start walking down the hall to another room and see Judy and Belle's bags opened and stuff covering the bed.

"I guess this is ours." He just laughs as we stand by the window. "How do you feel about this place?" I ask after the kids make their way outside, still using sticks as swords.

"It seems promising." I look at him.

"You don't regret coming here?" He just shakes his head and looks back out the window, and I follow his lead.

"I think we can build something here." Judy crawls out and stands every so often to help Belle hit Carl.

"I'm worried about not carrying weapons."

"We can hide a few." He says lowly. I shake my head.

"That will interfere with our staying here. Where could we hide something?" He starts to walkout and I follow him. I look around and notice no one else is here. He lifts a loose board and reveals two guns. I crouch and cover it as I hear footsteps on the porch. He quickly hides the guns as I open the door and we join Aaron on the porch.

"Hey! How are you liking it so far?"

"So far, so good." I state.

"I'm going to get going, wouldn't want to worry Michonne." We bid our farewells as Aaron and I take a seat on the rocking chairs outside.

"How do you really feel?" He asks. I just watch the kids continue to play, even though it's dark outside.

"I am just glad that the kids will be able to have somewhat of a childhood." Carl runs up the stairs and stops in front of me.

"Can we have Judith tonight? Dad won't admit it, but he misses her." I think for a second before nodding.

"Yeah. If you guys need me, just yell but I'm sure Michonne can handle a baby." He smiles and runs off the porch.

"Mom!" I look at Belle. "Can I stay with them tonight?" I furrow my eyebrows.

"This is our first night. Don't you want to unpack and stuff?" She shakes her head.

"It's not like we keep much on us." I nod.

"Go ahead." With Aaron and myself being the only two people around, I look him long and hard in his eyes. "Do you guys have a doctor?" He nods his head as a smile forms.

"Yes and you and Maggie are more than welcome to come down and see how your babies are doing." My eyes widen.

"W-we don't even, we-" He cuts me off.

"I heard you guys earlier by Diana's house." I nod and take a deep breath.

"We just haven't told anyone but each other. We're going to go out and get-" I'm cut short as he pulls out four pregnancy tests. I grab them and quickly rise and rush in the house, with him following my lead. "Thank you so much!"

"Why are you hiding them?" He asks as I place two in her bag, then two in mine.

"We haven't told Glenn or Daryl yet. We wanted to be sure since we already have Judith." He nods before starting for the door.

"Good luck, I hope you hear what you want to hear." I pause. What do I want the test to say? "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you." I shake my head and plaster a smile.

"You're alright, just a bit hungry." I halfway lie.

"There's food in all the fridges and cabinets. Help yourself." My eyes widen as he walks out the door. I open the fridge and see the light come on. Wow. I pull out some cheese that looks hand-made and cut it in small pieces and put the rest up. Then I check the cabinets and when I find some stale crackers, I take a few and sit on the couch.

What do I want this test to say? Positive? Negative? There's good and bad to both sides. One baby is hard enough, I can't even imagine three. I take a deep breath as I hear the door open. I hop up and pull my gun out, watching as my food hits the floor, then back to the back door.

"Who's there?" I ask as I take a step around the food. Maggie comes into sight and her eyes widen, causing me to drop the gun.

"Madison Nicole!" I nod.

"I deserve that. And you deserve," I stop and throw a remote from the table at her. She gets hit in the arm. "This!"

"Ow! Why?"

"You made me drop my crackers and cheese." I feel tears welling in my eyes as I kneel down to pick them up.

"Why are you crying?" I look at her as a tear falls down my face.

"I don't know, Maggie." Her face turns into a smile.

"You are pregnant!" My eyes widen a bit as I stand up, with food in one hand. I offer Maggie a piece, but she gives me an ugly look.

"We've ate worse." She nods her head and shrugs as she takes a cracker and cheese and eats them together. I take her upstairs and show her to the pregnant tests Aaron brought to us. She picks them up and holds them in front of her before putting them back with a slight frown.

"I'm not ready yet." I nod and wait for the boys to get home. I don't think I'm ready yet either.