Before I was about to reel myself back, I saw that the chair farthest to the right was not occupied. It suddenly hit me that the high masters were the rulers of each continent but Raegan only mentioned 6.

Following my line of sight, Raegan looked to the chair beside him and his smile turned into a frown.

"Rowan, the high master of North America was not able to join us due to...personal reasons." Victor said out of nowhere and materialized beside Raegan.

I jolted in surprise and my eyes widened at him. He offered me a small smile and inclined his head.

"Liam, this is Victor. My advisor." Raegan introduced him to me and there was knowledge present in his eyes that made me think he was very old.

"And what reasons are those?" Enora leveled her gaze to Victor and from what I could hear, she was not happy.

"He did not want to disclose his reasons but he told me that he will come as soon as he's available, but if not, he told me to inform him about whatever transpires in this assembly." Victor relayed the message and offered her an apologetic smile.

"Not everyday you will see us in one place. This assembly was put rather quickly after hearing a report that we have another bloodborne in our midst. What could be more important than this?" Alisander spoke up and some of the other council members nodded in agreement.

"Well, it's no use discussing about someone who is not here. We have more pressing matters in our hands." Katherine said as a matter of factly and turned her head to me.

"It's been ages since someone with a beating heart stepped foot in this castle and joined our company." Icarus commented and took a sip from his wine glass.

"You are entirely human, correct?" Keaton asked from beside me and looked at me expectantly. He was painfully beautiful and I realized that I was staring at him because the corner of his mouth curved upward after some moment.

"Yes." My voice cracked and my whole head heated from the embarrassment.

The room bursted into quiet laughter and even Ulrich couldn't hide the smile that formed on his face.

"Don't be scared, Liam. You've become too important in a matter of hours that you've stepped foot in this castle. To harm you means to harm Raegan." Katherine talked to me in a soothing tone that reminded me of my mother.

Oh Gods. Oh no.

Mom.

I don't know how long I've been cooped up in this place and I've been too focused on my safety and from what's been happening that calling mom didn't even cross my mind. I don't even know where this place was and my phone was not with me but I had a feeling that it was somewhere in this castle.

I needed to get my head straight and focus on what I need to do. For now, I needed to survive this meeting and try not to faint.

"What's your full name, child?" Enora asked me and placed her hands on the marble table.

"I'm Liam Eli Claremont." I replied and she hummed before complimenting me that it was a good name.

"Ryder, any information that you can give us?" Raegan's eyes were on his commander and Ryder took a step beside me before he answered.

"I have none, your Grandness. There's no information about him on our database. I've told my unit to find everything that they can find but not a single thing showed up. This situation has never happened before." He muttered an apology and crossed his arm over his chest.

"As if someone took great measures in hiding him. They erased his existence and we don't know how they did it or who is behind this." Icarus speculated and tapped his finger on his chin.