A little by little .

* Cough *

Ah ! Hell no ! I am having hard time breathing . Accidentally I absorbed a little too much. I looked at her and it seems it has eased her pain. I called my mana beast and passed some Mana to her as I tried to stop my reserved from overflowing.

Shit! I should have practiced my magic more !!

* Cough *

I coughed again but this time i coughed out blood. Oh no ! I should absorb a little more just in case.

I think this is enough now-

Third person pov

Claude and Felix were marching towards the room when claude felt another presence in the room. When they opened the door , they saw Athanese lying on the floor in the small pool of blood. Felix quickly ran to get the mages and physician .

Claude looked at Athanese in horror as he slowly approached Athanese and nervously touched his chest. Luckily , his heart was still beating. Claude sighed in relief and picked him up then placed him beside Athanasia who now seems to breathing peacefully in comfort.

Rose left the palace , left the knights and left training to protect the prince. She left before the day the prince fell ill . She moved in the countryside where no news about imperial palace will reach her. Or rather she was forced to by a certain someone.

Time skip

Athanasia was dreaming about Diana and claude when she woke up suddenly .

" You're finally awake you must think you are a sleeping princess or something huh ? "

Lucas said with a smug smile on his face. Athanasia touched her chest in surprise as she felt no pain in her chest. She looked at lucas suspiciously.

" You owe me and that brat your life "

Lucas said with a smirk on his face

" Huh ? Who ? "

Athanasia said and when she turned around , she saw Athanese laying beside her breathing heavily as his cheeks were flushed

" Athanese ! "

Athanasia said in worry

" Don't worry he will be fine and he will also owe me one "

Lucas said . Athanasia sighed in relief but when she saw him breathing so heavily she couldn't help but worry.

" So did you heal me , mister ? "

Athanasia asked to lucas

" Yes and no "

Lucas said

" Huh ? What do you mean ? "

Athanasia asked confusedly

" That brat over there risked his life to save you and he absorbed your Mana which was a very dangerous choice to do so . Had I not arrived in time he would have been dead ? He did a sloppy job so I just came and completed the job "

Lucas replied back to Athanasia who was now having teary eyes as she looked at Athanese affectionately .

" Your heart would have exploded and killed you if it wasn't for me "

Lucas said as he crossed his hands in his chest .

" What about Athanese ? "

Athanasia asked worriedly

" Oh ! That brat hurried his process and forced out his mana beast . He suffered some internal damage and had Mana overflow off him but I took care of it. This brat seems to have a weak body so he is suffering it's side effects "